• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

10ft X 4ft X 4ft build

beantickler

8f878a5a25c564106bcbab91c375e19f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

beantickler

The best feature of his enclosure is the pond by far... He loves to hang out with his little koi friends and watch them swim around... I started with 7 fish and since they have not been eaten Ive added 3 slightly larger koi that he also loves to watch swim with him...

snibborsirk

I figured I would toss a few new pix up of my boy and his mansion...

Mike - hey man it's Kris that sold you the tegu. He looks great! He growing well and staying friendly for you??? How big is he now? Still hoping to get another one soon but am still too busy at work. Hoping things change after the holidays so I can have time again. Enclosure is still looking awesome. Post some more pics of him if you get a chance.

beantickler

Mike - hey man it's Kris that sold you the tegu. He looks great! He growing well and staying friendly for you??? How big is he now? Still hoping to get another one soon but am still too busy at work. Hoping things change after the holidays so I can have time again. Enclosure is still looking awesome. Post some more pics of him if you get a chance.
Lol I wouldn't forget who you are Kris... He is friendly most of the time... haha. Ok so here's the story... About 2 months ago he was out and walking around his room. I was sitting on the floor and he walked right up to me and started nosing my leg... Next thing I knew he had my shin in his mouth... I got a lil scared and jumped up. Well that scared him and he ran back to hos cage... I shut the door and seriously that was the last time I saw him till about 5 days ago... He took a bath towel in with him and took a 2 month nappy... I have had him out every day since but still haven't actually sat down with him. I am thinking he was just being curious because there was no blood and no pain... He just wanted a taste... He did kind of the same thing to my daughter but to her closed fist... Never drawing blood but mouth wide open and around her little fist... lol. I just want to make sure he feels comfortable with me again before I let him crawl all over me again... He gets better looking every day. I still love him so NOOO... You can't have him back... hahahaha.

beantickler

I'm happy you all like his home... It is a constant work in progress... Ill get you some new pix too Kris... Just in the past 5 days i swear he grew a few inches longer and wider... He sucks food down like it's about to go out of style... lol

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm happy you all like his home... It is a constant work in progress... Ill get you some new pix too Kris... Just in the past 5 days i swear he grew a few inches longer and wider... He sucks food down like it's about to go out of style... lol

Bean- he was testing for food. My three live with two adult Redfoot tortoises. They could snap their heads off without hardly trying but they are very gentle. Until my three got to kbow that no part of mexwas food, I would yell NO!! That worked. They are hunters but not imbiciles. They WANT/NEED to learn what works and what doesn't, so you must take the lead. See what I mean?

beantickler

Bean- he was testing for food. My three live with two adult Redfoot tortoises. They could snap their heads off without hardly trying but they are very gentle. Until my three got to kbow that no part of mexwas food, I would yell NO!! That worked. They are hunters but not imbiciles. They WANT/NEED to learn what works and what doesn't, so you must take the lead. See what I mean?
Ya I have seen it written here multiple times but when it happened I kind of panicked. Now that he's back from his nap i will surely get the chance to teach him right from wrong... Can't wait... lol

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ya I have seen it written here multiple times but when it happened I kind of panicked. Now that he's back from his nap i will surely get the chance to teach him right from wrong... Can't wait... lol

Kick ass, buddy. It'll pay off.

beantickler

Love the pond! Looks difficult to clean though if the gu does it's business in it???
Not as bad as you would think... That pond is around 60 gallons but runs a 2400 gph magdrive pump with filter bags. All ya gotta do is swap out bags weekly and occasionally the pump filter.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not as bad as you would think... That pond is around 60 gallons but runs a 2400 gph magdrive pump with filter bags. All ya gotta do is swap out bags weekly and occasionally the pump filter.

Over-engineered. Must be very clean.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced