• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2012 extreme giant tegu

LEWIS

BOOSTFEEN said:
So any pics of the gu??? Did you get it from bobby???

Yes it from bobby. this is the only pic i have of him.

Attachments

• 0816121958.jpg
    0816121958.jpg
    869.2 KB · Views: 8

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
larissalurid said:
james.w said:
TeguBlake said:
Kinda sad that that's your reasoning...

What makes it any different than any other reason?

Because someone who gets an animal should know about the animal. The fact that they hibernate is something that should be known, especially since they can hibernate half the year or a little more. Should have gotten a columbian if he didn't want a tegu that's asleep half the year. That's fine that he's selling it, not like I'm saying he's a bad person, just saying he should have done his research.

I agree. The problem with hibernation is there are tons of posts on here about people saying you can keep your tegu from hibernating. So it is possible the OP was under the impression this was true and found out different after he got the tegu. Even with all the research and information possible, you can still dislike something once you actually have it in your possession as well.

larissalurid

james.w said:
larissalurid said:
james.w said:
TeguBlake said:
Kinda sad that that's your reasoning...

What makes it any different than any other reason?

Because someone who gets an animal should know about the animal. The fact that they hibernate is something that should be known, especially since they can hibernate half the year or a little more. Should have gotten a columbian if he didn't want a tegu that's asleep half the year. That's fine that he's selling it, not like I'm saying he's a bad person, just saying he should have done his research.

I agree. The problem with hibernation is there are tons of posts on here about people saying you can keep your tegu from hibernating. So it is possible the OP was under the impression this was true and found out different after he got the tegu. Even with all the research and information possible, you can still dislike something once you actually have it in your possession as well.

Yup that can happen. And yea that's true as well, I have seen those posts as well, it sucks that people can become under that impression that they can completely control it.

DavidRosi

Wow guys...

Granted; a little more research would have shown that hibernation would occur but to go all out with that... Horrific.

*slow, steady head shake*

Diablo

5 Year Member
LEWIS said:
Selling elsewhere. this site is the worst. logging out for good

Lol it's so funny when people get upset over the littlest things. It's a forum for a reason, people discuss.

Skeetzy

It's a for sale thread not a discussion thread. I don't blame him one bet. You got people attacking him for wanting to sell and another for digging him out.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
LEWIS said:
I'm selling because I'm not digging this hibernation thing plus my kid wants to see it and its in hiding. He ate great before he went into hiding. Very healthy and active when he is out.$300 pick up.
Western NY.

Usually people sell used things for LESS than they paid for them. Just letting you know.

apocalypse910

Dubya said:
LEWIS said:
I'm selling because I'm not digging this hibernation thing plus my kid wants to see it and its in hiding. He ate great before he went into hiding. Very healthy and active when he is out.$300 pick up.
Western NY.

Usually people sell used things for LESS than they paid for them. Just letting you know.

For some reason the idea of selling a "Used Tegu" makes me giggle a bit.
Only rode it to church on Sundays.

Extremes are $350 New though - so while I agree on the rest the price doesn't seem unreasonable.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Extremes are $350 like said and I sold my yearling All American for $550.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Not sure if that was sarcasm or not but most reptiles gain value with age/size up until they start getting old enough that they're to old to breed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980