• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

3 Year Old Cuban Rock Iguana for Sale!

Zilch

5 Year Member
Hey all, I'm trying to sell my 3 year old Cuban Rock Iguana to someone who's going to take good care of him (Naturally tegutalk is my first choice). He's around 30" long (Doesn't like holding still for measurements) and quite heavy. I've had him a little over a year, but his first couple years he spent outdoors and as such never really had much human interaction so he's a bit on the flighty side. I'm sure he could be calmed down with regular interaction but I've pretty much left him alone other than soakings and cage maintenance.

He's definitely male, and I've seen the sperm plugs, so he's ready to go if you've got any lonely female rock iguanas looking for some action ;)

He's been feeding on a staple of Mazuri tortoise along with the Kaplan green iguana salad <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.anapsid.org/iguana/igdiet.HTML" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.anapsid.org/iguana/igdiet.HTML</a><!-- m --> .

Here are the pics:
IMG_2538.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg

Here's a bit of an older pic of him just to show you what his colors look like in the sun instead of the washed out digital camera flash:
ig1smaller.jpg

I'd prefer to sell him to someone somewhat local (South Florida), but if you've got the know-how to share with me when it comes to shipping and a willingness to pay for the costs I'd definitely be willing to ship!

I'm trying to get $250.00 for him, but that is negotiable! Email me at sandbag at me dot com. (Sorry, you'll have to type it out, I don't need the barrage of bot spam!).

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Looking at the last pick I'd guess he's a cross with a Cayman Blue. A true Cuban has a rust colored belly & dewlap.

Good looking little guy!!

Zilch

5 Year Member
I always kind of suspected he had a little but I don't know enough about his origins to confirm anything, but who knows what bloodlines might have been crossed!

Zilch

5 Year Member
Haha I would if i could! I hear shipping out of the states is a nightmare! And thanks for the kind words, I hope I can find him a nice new home- he deserves it!

Zilch

5 Year Member
Yeah I'm not sure what it would cost to ship, it would be a first time thing for me and Dave linked me to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.shipyourreptiles.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.shipyourreptiles.com</a><!-- w --> so I could def. look into it if you're interested!

Meg90

5 Year Member
It should be the same overnight rate. I've had torts shipped from MA to WI and Bobby sent my gu from FL to WI......Only extra charge I could think of would be for weight.

Zilch

5 Year Member
Ah well thats not so bad, I'd have to get a scale but he's not quite as heavy as a lead brick.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
:shock: OMG he is so good looking.Darn it. I already promised Bobby I would get another All American hatchling from him. Other wise I would love to get him.

Zilch

5 Year Member
You know what they say... nothing goes better with a hybrid tegu than a gigantic iguana! Okay maybe they don't say that, but you could be the first!

* Disclaimer - No one should keep an iguana with a tegu! (I know you know better, but it's better to cover your butt sometimes haha) :)

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
LOL.You crack me up.Yes, I know better but thank you for the warning any way.You don't know how tempting it is.Well today ( Friday ) is my Birthday.Maybe I can talk my boyfriend into it lol.I'll let you know what he says later.It's 6am and I have to wait until he wakes up.Your iguana is so perfect looking.I'm just a bit worried because he isn't very tame.Do you think you could make a video so I can see how handable he is ? that would be great.Thanks.

Zilch

5 Year Member
Sadly my photography equipment isn't up to par, all I've got is a camera with a broken LCD and an iPhone (Not the version that can do video). He is a bit on the rambunctious side and would certainly need a bit of work, he's at the stage now where he's bent on going wherever you don't want him to be and the typical iguana avoidance tactic (pooing).

However back when I first got him I handled him a lot more and he was settling down quite a bit, then I ended up out of town on business for a month and he got used to being left alone because my sister who was caring for him is terrified of reptiles. Then he hit his first mating season and turned into a hormonally charged teenager for a number of months which led to him being left alone even more (a mistake, I admit).

Though keep in mind Cyclura (personality-wise) are a bit more high strung than tegus and require even more attention to tame down, but ultimately once you get past the hissing and whipping stage the experience is quite rewarding. He'll definitely need a good amount of work before he's a lap lizard :)

Btw happy birthday! :cheers

Mike Patke

If you still have him and can ship to California I know he will love it here where I am in the Mojave Desert. Please message me the details

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced