• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Adult Tegus Male and Female Wanted

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am looking for an adult pair of argentine black and whites or chacoans.
Rodney of Tegusonly definitely has them. You can contact him about what you're looking for in terms of color size, etc.

Cody096

I have, i'm still waiting on a reply but I was wondering if there was anyone else out there that did as well.

Cody096

Thanks Walter, I got in contact with Rodney and I ordered two. If the payment went through they'll arrive on friday. That'll make two adults and one 5 month old chacoan.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks Walter, I got in contact with Rodney and I ordered two. If the payment went through they'll arrive on friday. That'll make two adults and one 5 month old chacoan.
That's great news! Please post photos.

Cody096

It's a bit hard for me to tell how old they are but these are the pictures he sent me.

Attachments

• bw pair 3.JPG
    bw pair 3.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 31
  • bw pair 1.JPG
    bw pair 1.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 31
  • bw pair 2.JPG
    bw pair 2.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 32

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's a bit hard for me to tell how old they are but these are the pictures he sent me.
They're young adults, perhaps two years-old. Both beautiful. I'm partial to the color and pattern of the female beat seen in the botom photo. Congrats!

In Miami, they'll be much less active now and are generally down for three months. Give them a cool hide of mid-70sF and access to water of course and their basking light/heat. If disinterested in food, that's to be expected.

Cody096

Thanks, I think they both look great as well. I figured that they would either be slowing down for brumation or close to it, my chacoan hasn't eaten for days and rarely comes out to bask anymore.

Cody096

Here's one, i'll post a pic of the other when she calms down. Their names are Turok and Lilly.

Attachments

• 20161104_130546.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13

Cody096

Well, Lilly actually charged me and then ran back away. I must say that I was quite startled lol. Turok is still friendly as can be.

Cody096

It was certainly unexpected, but understandable. She charged when I was picking up Turok, I was probably a bit closer to her. She spooked him and I got a smack to the face. I imagine she'll calm down though. She does let me touch her if I've been sitting with the cage door, if only briefly.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It was certainly unexpected, but understandable. She charged when I was picking up Turok, I was probably a bit closer to her. She spooked him and I got a smack to the face. I imagine she'll calm down though. She does let me touch her if I've been sitting with the cage door, if only briefly.
Very nice. I'm happy for you. Please send a photo. How big are they roughly?

Cody096

Lilly is the smaller of the two, though she's over 3.5 feet long. Turok, whom I'm guessing is male, is closer to 4 feet long.

Attachments

• 1478384798807569091921.jpg
    1478384798807569091921.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lilly is the smaller of the two, though she's over 3.5 feet long. Turok, whom I'm guessing is male, is closer to 4 feet long.
That's a very sweet looking pair. They got a good look. They both are definitely sexually mature. Kick back and enjoy them. You'll quickly have two fun pals.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980