• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

African Bullfrog

Jefroka

5 Year Member
I have a male and a female right now. They are both juveniles. The male is starting to distance himself in size away from his beloved.

These frogs are tons of fun folks and males are the second largest of all the frog species other than the goliath frog.

Here is an oldie but goodie video showing just how smart they can be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jyVYpQBCDs

Here are a few pics of mine: [attachment=2717]
[attachment=2719]

...Jefroka

Attachments

• IMG_1205.jpg
    IMG_1205.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • MDGC1206.JPG
    MDGC1206.JPG
    784.5 KB · Views: 14

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Jefroka said:
I have a male and a female right now. They are both juveniles. The male is starting to distance himself in size away from his beloved.

These frogs are tons of fun folks and males are the second largest of all the frog species other than the goliath frog.

Here is an oldie but goodie video showing just how smart they can be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jyVYpQBCDs

Here are a few pics of mine:

...Jefroka
Darn pretty smart frog saved his kids what a great parent lol,looks like they eat well to dang lol cool frog.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Have to wait ten minutes to edit the second pic and that's the best one! :D

...Jefroka

I have been trying to attain a male for about six-seven years now and finally have one!
Yes, they are wayyyyyy cool with HUGE appetites!

...Jefroka

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Right now both are in a 20 long, very simple set up. Flagstone and a few inches of water but they will be getting a new home soon, a much larger set up. I'm contemplating breeding these if possible. Not sure if I'm able to provide the correct set up for breeding but looking into it.

I will obviously need to separate them at some point as the male will far exceed the female in size and could very well make her a meal.

...Jefroka

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I love those and love the video clip from Life. I thought I had bought one and ended up with a Dwarf Pyxie. I was a bit disappointed, but he's pretty cool. He croaks every night around 8-9 and you can hear it through the whole house! Yours look awesome!

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Here's another great video showcasing how awesome the males are as fathers! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqMhEn_PhR4

And thank you!

...Jefroka

adam1120

i loved the vid never liked frogs or toad my beardie ate on a while bak when i was into herps and it died the most horrible death ever seen:( thats was like 8 years ago:((

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Let's see if i can pull that other picture up [attachment=2725] Yep! click to enlarge

...Jefroka

Attachments

• IMG_1206.jpg
    IMG_1206.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member