• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Always hiding

Colten

I just got a new Res Tegu about a month and a half old a week ago. Sense I have brought it home it was out the first few days an now it's been hiding. Only out in the day for about three hours then goes in substrate for rest of the day and night. I k ow it's probably nervous but I'm just worried something may be going on. Humidity an temp is good. Just may be worried it's may not be eating enough.

Attachments

• IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    401 KB · Views: 43

Colten

Any suggestions? He is still only out a few hours or of the day an seems like he hardly eats. 1 pinky a day. Some days he won't eat till we catch him out an use tongs to feed it to him.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Unless he begins to lose weight, don't sweat it. They need time to settle in.

Colten

I got another question. I've had him for a month or two now an he still seems skittish when I try to put my hand in the cage for him to get use to me. I didn't wanna try an pick him up yet an stress him out. Do you have any good suggestions to help with him getting more comfortable with me? I've tried the shirt technique an be around him as much as I can when he is out. Just seems like all he wants to do is sleep haha

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I got another question. I've had him for a month or two now an he still seems skittish when I try to put my hand in the cage for him to get use to me. I didn't wanna try an pick him up yet an stress him out. Do you have any good suggestions to help with him getting more comfortable with me? I've tried the shirt technique an be around him as much as I can when he is out. Just seems like all he wants to do is sleep haha
Pick him up when he's sleeping. Let him hide under your shirt.

Colten

He's waken up before when I tried to move the substrate around him. I guess I'll give it another shot.
Do they normally chill out once under a shirt?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Up it to 115f. Anbient in the 80s. cool hide in the mid-upper 70s.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam