• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Anyone have info on this company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deac77

5 Year Member
Haha I'm do going to hunt those photos down tonight because you're so full of crap. It'll be with it to go through a few months of post to show your true colors ;)

Deac77

5 Year Member
2 very malnourished tegus from tegusonly and the box they were shipped in. I'll not post the persons name out of respect for her.

Attachments

• Tegus Only2.jpg
    Tegus Only2.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 373
  • Tegus Only.jpg
    Tegus Only.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 345

TheTeguGurl

Here is a few more photos to share also. I also will NOT share the name of this person as she faught hard to get these Tegus back to health

Attachments

• 600556_514615655272554_917952630_n.jpg
    600556_514615655272554_917952630_n.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 253
  • 943089_514615131939273_315418189_n.jpg
    943089_514615131939273_315418189_n.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 265
  • 945650_514640838603369_1390968738_n.jpg
    945650_514640838603369_1390968738_n.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 220
  • 954811_518572061543580_1281614809_n (1).jpg
    954811_518572061543580_1281614809_n (1).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 237
  • 1017574_518544421546344_954675346_n.jpg
    1017574_518544421546344_954675346_n.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 254
  • 1044475_530657377001715_1824824614_n.jpg
    1044475_530657377001715_1824824614_n.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 241

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Rodney,

First of all, I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend.

As far as being a "hater", you seem to have fallen into that mindset yourself. Make sure that when you reference my name in your posts along with all sorts of negative comments that your statements are accurate. Nowhere have I called you a scammer, a thief, or a liar. I have made a couple of comments about tegus being shipped in poor conditions. Part of that is because the condition of the one particular tegu in the photos above is what I would consider to be quite underweight. The shipping method itself is also considered poor. There is a standard for shipping reptiles that ensures the safety and comfort of the animal as well as the general public who handles these reptiles en route. I can appreciate that you are wholesaling and not investing a lot of money, but most in the herp commuity would agree that minimum standards still need to be met. I have given an opinion about the new morph name that you have. I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to yours.

The name, date, location of the photos and the tegus owner cannot be posted unless the owner chooses to come forward. There are laws that prohibit the public sharing of private information without permission. So I'm sorry but I cannot honor your request for that information.

Being an Internet moderator does not exactly cause me to have a big head, lol. Hmmm, I don't think it does. I try to take a look at that often and I have people I trust that I ask about it. I don't know everything and I'm happy to learn. If someone asks me a question and I am concerned about the issue, I let them know. If my honesty offends you, there's not much I can do about that. My concern is more for the animal and protection of the buyer than for the seller. Maybe it is because I sat by and never said anything for years when I was afraid of being ousted by a big breeder. I don't hide and feel inferior to bigger breeders, those who sell more, or TV personalities any more. I don't hide behind a user name. My name is Laura Roberts and I live in Fl. I have used the same user name on every forum since 1999. I am the same if you met me in person as I am on the forum. I am the sort of person who likes to discuss things. I like to see what people have to say. Sometimes how they react is just as important as what they say.

I will be happy to discuss whatever you like on the forum, in a pm, or even over the phone. However, I am not going to let someone make insulting remarks toward me and put words in my mouth.

chad muchow

hello my name is chad, i purchased a tegu from rodney irwin back in august and have to say it was the best servive i have ever gotten from a reptile purchase. i was specific that i needed it to arrive on a certain day as i would not be around at the delivery time any other day that week. he said it was sent and it did not arrive. i called him because it was tracked as being in transit at a second post office in florida. he responded quickley and got it there that night. he assured me if it did not arrive in perfect health he would make it right. the package had a crushed side and a torn hole. however the package was well packed and had a big clearly labeled paper stating exactly what was in there. upon opening the package i found a fiesty clear eyed chubby little tegu. i have had no problems whatsoever. i was originally unsure about ordering a florida wild caught animal, but now i completely support what he is doing. he is preventing both healthy, beautiful animals from dying and helping the florida wild life. i just don't understand all the hatred for what he is doing. i personally have no beef with anyone. i am not trying to say ''buy here, not there''. i had e-mailed mr.LaRocca with tegu questions before and he was very helpfull and friendly. i am just giving my experince with Rodney Irwin.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thank you for your review. I have not posted any hatred for what Mr Irwin is doing, only concern for the shipping methods and underweight tegus.

bfb345

I have a question for Rodney to you state on your website or wherever one of your tegus can be seen for sale that they are wild caught. If so all of the pictures i have seen look exactly like any other wild tegu i have ever seen so if the person purchasing said wild caught tegu knows that they are purchasing a WILD tegu then they should expect just that and sometimes even less because tegus aren't meant to be living in Florida yes the environment there may seem close to that of south america but it is still not their natural environment and thus it doesn't meet all of their needs. So if Rodney has it stated that they are wild caught tegus then i see nothing wrong with the tegus other than the fact they look like a wild animal. But if Rodney does not have it stated that they are wild caught then i could see how he is in the wrong because they are wild tegus and don't resemble that of a fat, lazy, captive bred animal.

bfb345

That's a great article, glad they got Rodney to put in his word and they were very understanding that all reptile owners aren't idiots and its the select few who ruin it for the group as it is for most cases partaking to any subject.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You can't save everything and or everybody, species die out whether we have anything to do with it or not. For the ones that do, another one steps up to take its place its a part of evolution. If you can't, don't know how or even care to ship healthy animals then don't period, wild caught or not especially for profit. Then talk about the people that do it correctly because they charge more than you do :/ . or make threats to people that don't agree with the way you handle or ship them once again wild caught or not doesn't matter, there's no excuse for that. "Wild caught doesn't mean wild" lol seriously?.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well said @Bubblz Calhoun . Brenden and Lauraj, saving two animals won't make a difference. Closing this thread, people can learn enough about Rodney from whats been posted till now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi