• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Best snake rack???

Dirkthejerk41

Hi all, I am looking into getting a snake rack with 41 qt tubs for my adult ball pythons. I was also thinking maybe I could add some other species as well. What is the best rack system for adult balls?? I don't want to spend over $200, if possible. I was thinking about building one, but I think I like the reliability of a manufactured pvc rack over a homemade one, as I am not very handy. Also, what other species (no colubrids) could live in 41 qt tubs? Maybe some small boa species, other pythons?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've never really price racks like that but a quick Google search makes it look like they're pretty expensive. Of course, it depends on how big of a rack you want...
Have you considered trying to find a used one? How big of a rack are you considering? What manufacturers are you looking at?

Dirkthejerk41

I'm really liking the animal plastics economy cb70 rack.... comes with belly heat so I don't think it being an open rack will be a big issue. its only $135. What other snakes that are not colubrids do ya'll think I could put in a 41 qt?

Tannaros

Well, theoretically you could put many different types of snakes in a 41 quart tub. From my experience most snakes kept in tubs are ball pythons. That's simply because they're not an overtly large snake and it satisfies their humidity requirements fairly easily. I've seen quite a few species kept in tub type enclosures though - balls, corns, carpets and even green trees in taller tubs - rosy boas, sand boas, rainbow, etc. Even many species of reptiles that aren't snakes are kept in tub systems, leopard geckos, crested geckos, bearded dragons, etc. Though for the latter it's usually more offspring than adults.

I'm uncertain why 41 quart is important in this case. However, I've heard stories of people having their ball pythons going off feed after transfering to a large tub. I personally think this probably has more to do with a vulnerability feeling of the snake rather than requiring a smaller space. You could always just add hides or something.

Tannaros

Yeah, it just seems 41qt is a very common size for the commercially available racks

Just because it says they're made for 41 doesn't mean you actually have to use 41 quart. Assuming you can find the same height as the recommended tubs, you can always swap them out for something like 2 28's, or multiple smaller tubs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced