• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Black and white tegu's

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Guys whacky. Whatever. I wish someone would give me stolen tegus... Jk I prefer to acquire them honesty. Seriously though. Lord.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So, is this 2 felonies taking place?? Receiving stolen property and selling stolen property??

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
When you are arrested and your car is towed, it is likely impounded for quite a while. The live tegus would not have survived. The police actually saved the little ones because the humane society prob would have put them down. If you guys convince Drpepper to sell them for a lower price, someone else is just going to pick them up and flip them for something higher. It's the way of the world. (not referring to you specifically, TeguBlake.)

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
That does not matter. I don't care if it was the "right" thing to do to be honest. It violated the offenders rights. He had not yet been convicted and Dr peppers Dad is not the judge and jury. The fact that he is selling illegally obtained animals only makes it worse. It may have meant that they have been put down, but I'm a strong believer in people's rights.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's your opinion and you are certainly welcome to have it. The fact is, it is the way the law is written. However, when the topic was about Bobby Hill, no one was interested in the rights of the offender at that time, and who was judge and jury. In no way am I defending Bobby Hill's actions. My point is that when you are discussing the rights of people and being objective, make sure you are willing to extend that point of view across the board and not just when it suits your feelings. Then it becomes situational ethics..very hard to justify.

got10

laurarfl said:
When you are arrested and your car is towed, it is likely impounded for quite a while. The live tegus would not have survived. The police actually saved the little ones because the humane society prob would have put them down. If you guys convince Drpepper to sell them for a lower price, someone else is just going to pick them up and flip them for something higher. It's the way of the world. (not referring to you specifically, TeguBlake.)

And it is STILL not property to be sold.And I like how KNEW this guy was going away for 10-15 just as he was arrested. That is what judges determine AFTER a TRIAL here. And the animals would go to a shelter if anyplace or a reptile rescue. Anyway you cut it this dude is so full of poo he could fill a canyon.BTW still waiting for pics he was going to post
Also was it four or five. if he has the animals in his possession he will have certainly counted and inspected the animals. ( I know I would ) this clown just wants attention. Dont like a liar

DoctorPepper4 said:
james.w said:
Breeders sell them for $99 plus shipping or generally $150 shipped. You are asking $120 plus shipping which since you aren't a certified shipper will probably be around $80+ through Ship Your Reptiles. Just because you have some experience with reptiles does not mean you can tell the health of any animal by looking at it. Why do you think big time breeders quarentine? Because health issues can hide themselves. You have no idea if these are fresh imports, or animals that were just found in someones backyard. Now whos the dummy??

and james your right i took them to the vet and she told me that they are wild caught tegus(they catch them by the prison) since i decided to keep one i took it in yesterday for a fecal exam and for blood work they really are great looking animals and they really look like the argentines but i notice they have a long slim neck i gave them a small rat(each) and they ate without a problem all except for one that doesn't want to eat...i am quarantine the one im keeping but decided to give the other one's to my vet....she said she'll care for them and find them all great home's i only re-homed one and they picked it up yesterday and it was a local pick-up....once the fecal and blood work comeback and if it's a clean bill of health and of course after i treat for parasites i will put her/him inside my reptile room or house outside....

http://imageshack.us/a/img252/7253/getattachment1aspxv.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img41/9452/getattachmentaspxhl.jpg

those are stock photos . Show pics of the ones you claim you have . BS

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i have to agree with laurarfl. you guys need to chill. i would rather see the tegus be given to a good home than put down.Which is most likely what would happen sense tegus are an invasive species there. just my opinion tho, you can keep arguing....

tegus4life

Yeah the point is that the tegus do not belong to that kid and are not his to sell...
That's like saying that if someone had puppies in their car when they were arrested for whatever reason and someone just took the dogs and gave them to their kid who then sold them... Something about that situation just doesn't seem right.
The guy also may have had family or someone he knew who would've taken care of the animals until he was out... Just seems weird to me that something like that would happen. I'm one for the "innocent until proven guilty" right. And this guy hadn't been proven guilty which means he may not go to jail for 10 years.. and I'm sure has no idea that his tegus are being sold out from under him. To me that's wrong. They could've gone to a humane society, been quarantined and had vet checks, and been cared for until after the man was proven guilty. If the man then had no family or anyone to take his animals AND was proven guilty/was going to jail for 10-15 years, then they could go up for adoption and if someone wanted to resell their tegu after getting it lawfully, go for it.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
frost said:
i have to agree with laurarfl. you guys need to chill. i would rather see the tegus be given to a good home than put down.Which is most likely what would happen sense tegus are an invasive species there. just my opinion tho, you can keep arguing....

So Frost, if you were for some reason arrested, even wrongly, would you want your animals given to some guy who was going to resell them on the internet to make a quick profit?

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Actually, you guys are right in that we don't have all the info. I thought of that last night. We don't really have the whole back story any way. But if you think any confiscated crate of tegus is going to a humane society to be cared for and adopted out, that is just not happening. They can't even afford to care for all the cats and dogs they have.

I was going to adopt a Burm python last week that was a group of 5 being either surrendered or confiscated. The rescue group I was working with was going to get them (in S FL) the same day. They were in good condition, 4 albinos and 1 normal. All were euthanized before the Burm rescue group could get to them. Tegus, igs, Burms are all invasive in FL. No one is going to spend money on holding them. Now I would think it pretty shady if police were taking other property and selling it, but live animals are rather gray for me.

TeguBlake

Well If you really want the best for the animals I'd just give them to people who care, and if your going to jail the last thing your worried about is your captured tegus in a crate, lol but you shouldn't flip animals for cash if you didn't even pay for them. Or even a breeder... I asked him for a tegu and pictures never got any word from him but that's fine, lets just end this lol. He's not going to sell them after y'all jumped on him. No hard feelings, just a kid who thought he had a great idea, don't you guys remember being a kid to?

mattlagrone19

please stop acting like you guys care about the offenders right. he was wanted anyways. your just mad cause your dad aint the cop that found them or else you would be selling them. i work in the prison system so trust me the guy isnt missing the lizards. good job getting th tegus a home.

TeguBlake

mattlagrone19 said:
please stop acting like you guys care about the offenders right. he was wanted anyways. your just mad cause your dad aint the cop that found them or else you would be selling them. i work in the prison system so trust me the guy isnt missing the lizards. good job getting th tegus a home.

Agreed

got10

TeguBlake said:
mattlagrone19 said:

Agreed

As do I and you know this dudes story is as fraudulent as congress. PLUS the pics the dude posted of the animals . He said five? and only show 2 from someone else' account. Actually one of the pics is from THIS site from a guy selling his lizard from 2yrs ago. This is a bullshirt post

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
mattlagrone19 said:

Are you frickin kidding me? That's the joke of the year. I'm actually really glad my Dad doesn't violate peoples constitutional rights thank you very much. Congratulations on working in the prison system, you should know that not everyone accused is guilty. And I care about everyone's constitutional rights. If his are being taken away, that could be mine someday. I'm no criminal, but police DO make mistakes.

tegus4life

The point is, I doubt that the police are allowed to just give away someone else's animals on scene... Before a trial, before talking to his family, before talking to the offender, before anything happens. That's rather doubtful. I just think the post is bs. Those pictures aren't that guy's, like multiple people have said before me the pics came from someone else's account.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam