• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Caiman Lizard enclosure idea

Merrick

I was thinking of making a caiman lizard enclosure out of a 300 gal rubermaid stock tank. I would have sealed plywood platforms (also some natural tree limbs)for basking on and an area of substrate to dig in. Their would be a secure lid on it as well.
what do you think? Suggestion?

Jrock23

I'm more of a plywood person, holds heat and humidity perfect. With a little ventilation holes made its even better. .. only problem I have with tub tanks is, with way too much moisture and waterfall build up can cause RI but some people are really good with maintaining that issue. But it's whatever is comfortable with you. Also add lots of plants.

future tegu keeper

I'm more of a plywood person, holds heat and humidity perfect. With a little ventilation holes made its even better. .. only problem I have with tub tanks is, with way too much moisture and waterfall build up can cause RI but some people are really good with maintaining that issue. But it's whatever is comfortable with you. Also add lots of plants.
I forgot to mention that this is outside
Also what kind of plants should I add

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced