• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Can someone rate this soil please?

JimB

I'd mix it with some Play Sand and Sphagnum Moss. Looked pretty 'good' to me but would like you're opinion on this as a substrate for a young (less than a year old) B&W Tegu.

Thanks,
Soil.JPG

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nothing about it looks bad. However, I have no firsthand experience with it.

JimB

Nothing about it looks bad. However, I have no firsthand experience with it.

Thanks, I appreciate you responding at least. I've gotten the ok from some folks on another board so I've mixed up my Sand,Coir, Dirt and it's ready to go Unfortunately the Sphagnum moss has some fertilizer in it so I opted out that. I'll see about picking up some better stuff later.
Thanks again!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks, I appreciate you responding at least. I've gotten the ok from some folks on another board so I've mixed up my Sand,Coir, Dirt and it's ready to go Unfortunately the Sphagnum moss has some fertilizer in it so I opted out that. I'll see about picking up some better stuff later.
Thanks again!
Absolutely welcome. Good call on the sphagnum. Please update.

JimB

What's the ingredients?[/QUOTE

The bottom of the bag lists them, I've mixed it in with Sand & Coir ... haven't picked up a good package of sphagnum yet as I've been fighting a bad cold for awhile.
He stays barricaded in so far ... another test of my patience. LOL!

PepperJack5.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam