• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Central PA Reptile Expo - May 16th

KordeksKritters

5 Year Member
It's time again!

The Central PA Reptile Expo will have it's next show on May 16, 2009!

Sponsored by Turtle Xing, Scott Crowe Reptiles, BeardiePal's Dragons and Triple Moons Exotic!

Big addition! We are going HOT! Venomous vendors from all over the country displaying great hots, as well as our great non-venomous dealers will be back to the newest show in PA! The huge 22,000 square feet of space can hold approximately 195 tables, with a 63 table hot section!

Date: May 16, 2009
Time: 9am-4pm
Place: Carlisle Expo Center
Address: 100 K Street, Carlisle, PA 17013
Admission: $7, kids under 6 free!

Vendor tables: Price drop!! Was $75, now $65 per table (with discounts starting at 4 tables)! A full 8'x8' space with an 8' table, electricity, 2 free admissions per table and FREE wireless internet!

Interested vendors make sure to contact us! We do screen calls, so make sure to leave a message and we will pick up if available, or call back ASAP.

Check out the webpage for more information, rules and registration forms.

This show will fill up fast, so get in while you can!

KordeksKritters

5 Year Member
Depends on what part of Jersey really. To give you a better idea, we are about an hour and a half (maybe a bit less) south of the Hamburg show, right off of the turnpike, 81 and 78.

The website has a directions page, if you go to <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.CentralPAReptileExpo.com/directions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.CentralPAReptileExpo.com/directions.html</a><!-- m --> you can get exact directions. You can always call us at 717-502-0506 and I can TRY to get you directions as well. Just a warning, I am not good with directions though :)

Kelly

ZEKE

5 Year Member
this one is 2 hours from my house and the hamburg show is 2 hours and 45 minutes from my house. if i can only get to one of these 2 shows which one should i try to get to? my parents are thinking of taking me to the next hamburg show because i have been asking them for over a year. but if this one is bigger, better, cheaper, and closer, then they might be more willing to take me to it.

KordeksKritters

5 Year Member
Well our show is growing, and at this time is about 1/3 - 1/4 the size of the Hamburg show (approx. 150-170 tables at Hamburg vs. our 60-80 tables - but our numbers are growing, keep an eye on the vendor list in the next few weeks). Most of our vendors are ones that also go to Hamburg, however, and prices very competitive at either show.

I guess the decision comes down to atmostphere really...Hamburg is a great show, but more on the "hardcore" level, where ours is based on the "family" level. Hamburg is hot, cramped and not very well lit, and also does not have access to A/C if they need it. Ours is the opposite - brightly lit (a full wall of windows), A/C if we need it, at minimum 7' aisles for customers...

I say talk your parents into going to BOTH. Both are great shows, and you will have a good time at either one!

Kelly

ZEKE

5 Year Member
i think im going to have them take me to this show and then hamburg later in the year. if the first show they take me to is hot and crowded then its less likely that they will take me to another one. if they have a good experience with this one (from what you described it sounds like it will be) then maybe i can get them to take me hamburg later this year.

is anybody else on the forum going to this show? if im there ill be wearing my tegutalk shirt. and i might use some electrical tape and write ZEKE on the back of it. look for me there!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
ZEKE said:
this one is 2 hours from my house and the hamburg show is 2 hours and 45 minutes from my house. if i can only get to one of these 2 shows which one should i try to get to? my parents are thinking of taking me to the next hamburg show because i have been asking them for over a year. but if this one is bigger, better, cheaper, and closer, then they might be more willing to take me to it.

The Hamburg show is REALLY REALLY crowded and plan on waiting an hour in line.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
ZEKE said:

The Hamburg show is REALLY REALLY crowded and plan on waiting an hour in line.

from everything i have heard i think that it would be better to have my parents take me to this one first and hamburg some time in the future. if their first experience taking me to a reptile show is a bad one then its not very likely that they will take me to another one. thanks for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced