• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Ceramic bulb

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I use a ceramic heat emitter, I think it's a 150watt. It gets pretty high up there but it has to be pretty close. Best practice is to put a wire cage around it like this one:
IMG_0487.jpg

Penny&Dollar

Hey josh whats up? I'm just tired of paying 50 to 70 dollar for a bulb and then I have them for about a month and I come home they pop the bulbs trying to get out. A friend of mine told me he use this just as a basking spot along with to long uva/uvb tubs I'm building my adult enclosure for penny and dollar and wanted to try this type of Ceramic bulb. You never had a problem or any of your tegus not eating from them not being warmed up right? And do you get the basking spot up to 110F? And were did you get that wire mesh thing around the bulb? Sorry for all the question I don't need anything happening to my tegus.
Thanks Josh

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tegutula