• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Colombian favourite fruits??

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey all....
I have a juvenile colombian tegu around 45cm (18 inch), not sure on his/her age as he/she was a rescue and I`ve only had him/her 3 weeks.. where I took him/her from only had him/her on a full insect diet and I did`nt want him/her to become fuzzy so I have introduced many things which is going great.. The only thing He/she doesn`t seem to touch is fruit....

1) Do juvenile tegu`s eat fruit?
2) Does any one have any ideas on best fruit to tease their appitite?
3) Is it better to serve chopped or Blitzed (juiced) ?

Also I haven`t introduced Pinkies (baby mice) yet as I was told not to... can this be done?

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks for your input..... what do you class as fuzzys? being that I am in UK we dont use the same termology

beardeddragon111

Fuzzys are mice that have just grown in their fur. Just don't feed mice that are totally hairless. Pinkies don't have much bones or organs and are pretty much just fat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced