• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Daytona was the bomb!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
That would be cool Dave!! As for the pic, it is a green tree monitor, it is the turquoise phase.
I saw one in another thread. DANG gorgeous!!!

I may just leave the family next year and visit you!

argus333

5 Year Member
ya most reptiles in nj lots of monitors and tegus if u catch them at the right time. wirth a check out.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
That Green Tree was tiny but absolutely gorgeous. Other outstanding animals that I recall were an adult Egyptian Uro that had to weigh close to 4 pounds!, some stunning green rat snake hybrids, and some darling little Rhino iguana babies. As usual the show was packed with BP morphs, boa morphs, lots of geckos of all kinds. If you were looking for something unusual you had to look pretty hard but eventually you'd find it. Seeing the large male hydrosaur was a treat, as always. He is a spectacular animal. I finally met Kelly Paul who breeds the banana pectinatas. He is a very nice man with a really sexy voice. LOL Almost as sexy as his animals. My only purchase, the white lipped, arrived here in Michigan today in great shape. It is with my vet and I wll pick it up from her on Sunday. She says it still hasn't bitten!! WooHoo!!!

Not surprisingly I found the one "broken" animal at the show...a blue/red tegu cross that had been steadily losing toes due to poor husbandry and was going to lose part of his tail, also. I was tempted to buy it immediately but waited until Sunday to see if I could get a better price. When I went back on Sunday he had been sold. I hope whomever bought him can make him comfortable and healthy.

I was disappointed with the Hilton as they did not seem very happy to see the herp people there and I just didn't get a friendly feeling from the staff. This feeling has been building ever since the hotel changed hands. We had a lot of fun there when it was still the Adam's Mark hotel. At least the room was comfortable and the view from the upper floors was spectacular.

BoxerBeth

5 Year Member
Jane,

Next year you are going to have me tagging along for sure! I swayed back and forth on it this year but just didn't make it a priority. After seeing the pics and hearing you and Bobby talk about it I know that I have to go next time.
You guys sound like you had WAAAYYY too much fun. :bud

desiree

5 Year Member
It was great to meet Bobby and see old friends like Jane ;) Had a fantastic time, made lots of new friends! The Heidecker guys let me have a 2' sliver of table and I was pushing membership for IRCF - LOL, I was *supposed* to be on vacation :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam