• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

dog cages

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
Ive been thinking about getting a 7.5' x 13' chain link dog cage 6' tall. should I cover the top? It doesnt seem likely that a tegu would climb six feet of chain link, but i dont know. If I get the set up I'll use chicken wire 1.5' below the surface.does anyone out there house tegus in chain link dog cages? If so what advice can you give me?

Tux

5 Year Member
climb, fall injury the end

or constant nose rubbing = injury

or...well you get it.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
You could always just make a little wall at the bottom of the cage going up like 3' so the tegu can't just climb up. Like use corrugated plastic as the barrier around the bottom. You could even use plywood.

If you don't make something around the bottom though so they can't get out then don't use the cage. For the above reasons.

Good luck!

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
Already considered him climbing. im gonna use tin sheeting at the bottom and fasten it to the chain link. also gonna use chicken wire (heavy guage ) on the bottom about 1.5-2' deep. will also fasten the wire to the kennel bottom.and finally gonna get a top for it.its gonna be some work,but its not too expensive. I found a 10x10' for $200!! that comes with a door and is 6'tall

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
Picture011.jpg
[
Picture010.jpg
/img]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members