1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!

Dogfish Head "Midas Touch Golden Elixir"

Discussion in 'Reptile Product Reviews' started by PuffDragon, Sep 18, 2008.

1. PuffDragon

PuffDragon New Member 5 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

For the very first time I was able to find this adult beverage at a local liqueur store. I must say I am very pleased with the product. All the normal signs are up to par; coloration, head, body, aroma, transparency, etc. Taste resembles that of a light IPA with a drop of honey. Goes down smooth with no sour after taste. Price is way to hefty IMO but I had to try it. 4 bottles from $12 USD!? Shew, but the history behind the elixir stays true to its name. Would I buy it again? Yes, but only if I had a whole bunch of cheap beers to wash it down with. :p

CHEERS! Drink responsibly!

Tegutalk and affiliates does not endorse or condone the drinking of underage minors.
  2. Zilch

Zilch New Member 5 Year Member

Funny you should mention Dogfish... I'm actually drinking their "Punkin Ale" as we speak. Gotta love the pumpkin beers!

I'd also recommend trying Chateau Jiahu if you ever run into it, comes in a wine bottle, but boy is it good!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dogfish.com/brewings/Occasional_Rarities/Chateau_Jiahu/25/index.htm">http://www.dogfish.com/brewings/Occasio ... /index.htm</a><!-- m -->
  3. PuffDragon

I'm drinking the Midas Touch right now too lol.
  4. Zilch

I pretty much like everything Dogfish does, with the exception of their Raison D'Etre... not a big fan of Fort either, too much raspberry D: but everything else they brew is pretty amazing. I wish the local pubs would start carrying some of their stuff!
  5. PuffDragon

I'm stoked you guys get Dogfish that far South. I've tried it all and pretty much have been pleased. Except for a few seasonal beers I still need to find. The Fort I can deal with but Raison is yuck. I hate the Indian Brown Ale for some reason. You ever been to a bar where they have the fresh hops machine and they filter the tap beer through it? It's amazing
  6. Kharnifex

Kharnifex New Member 5 Year Member

never heard of it, must try it.
  7. Zilch

Oh wow that sounds really awesome, unfortunately we just started getting decent beers down here. For way too long this state has been ruled by budweiser and it's ilk. We still have to go to certain stores to find the good stuff, and most bars wont touch it, but at least things are heading in the right direction haha.
  8. MakeyourIPATH

MakeyourIPATH New Member

I know this is an old thread but let's talk more beers!!! Good beer I've tried latey....umm oh yeah...not big fan of samual adams but you guys should try there imperial series dooble bock and stout only four to the pack but worth the taste and buzz (after only two beers)..