• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Eema (formerly known as Krone) is back!

dabears51

Wow, this section is a ghost town. I guess there aren't many Cyclura owners out there. lol. Anywho, I haven't posted in a while due to being super busy. Eema turned 2 years old this past October. I thought she was a he up until she laid a few eggs. For a few days prior, she was very restless. I never seen her like that before. Next thing I know my son wakes me up to tell me there are some eggs by her water dish. Talk about some nice sized eggs too! I normally handle leopard gecko eggs so seeing the size of these rhino eggs really surprised me.

Eema doesn't run away from me anymore when I open her cage to clean or feed her. She allows me to pet her whenever I want. She'll just arch her back and close her eyes while I pet her. I can even trim her nails when she needs it with no issues. When she free roams, she's your typical curious iguana. It's up until I have to hold her to either soak her in the tub or thoroughly clean the tank when she goes totally nuts. If I don't hold her tight she will easily turn to bite me. She squirms, puffs and tail whips with her mouth gaping and everything. I'ts a pretty tense situation every time I gotta do it. Kinda weird because once she goes back in her enclosure she mellows out fairly quickly and acts normal again. It gets to the point where I don't try to hold her due to stressing her out anymore. I'm fine with that as well.

Here is a small youtube video of her:

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Long time man. Your rhino sure has grown, glad to see you around. And yes, not many Cyclura keepers among us!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced