• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

emergency

izzy

Ok i have a problem I think my tegu and my skink are choosing eachother they constantly give eachother kisses and whenever I put them away they get sad..any input cause I'm pretty sure they are trying to mate..it's a irina Jaya skink and a black and white tegu..HELP PLEASE

marydd

While I am sure it is cute, letting two species interact with each other is dangerous. I think it would end badly for the skink. The kissing is tongue flicking which means they are checking each other out to see if there is danger. If you have ever seen tegus breed, it can get aggressive. You may be witnessing stress and misinterpreting their behavior. Not trying to be mean or insensitive. They need to be separated for safety reasons. I am curious as to why you think they are sad when you put them away though. ..

izzy

Well I kept them separated for 3 days during those 3 days my skink didn't eat at all she didn't even eat her eggs her favorite meal...but the second I let her be near sammi she perked up and started eatting again.....she went into depression not being able to be near sammi...and sammi acted differently too..he wasn't as active and happy until he got to see angel again. .

izzy

This is them..

Attachments

• 20150324_204105.jpg
    20150324_204105.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 93

marydd

Well I said my peace. I hope they continue to get along. Please keep an eye on them when they interact to be on the safe side. Even tegus who are housed together for years end up being to be separated some times do to sudden aggression. But are good looking reptiles though. ☺

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Or "Tinks". Ok, to be seious, I agree with Marydd. A pat on the back for healthy animals, too.

Danya

All of my reptiles hang out together and I know that they enjoy each others company- my savannah monitor, black throat monitor and b&w argentine tegu chill with each other every day and even go into the other's cage to snuggle up! Never had any issues whatsoever. I say let them be, they seem to just want a buddy!

DreamsOfTegus

Tegu will likely eat the skink.

Mine's already murdered (and I mean crushed every bone) a toad, and tried to murder a snake. These are predators. Please keep them apart so your skink doesn't wind up on the menu.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced