• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Feeding help

My husband and I adopted a b&w about 5 days ago. He is maybe a year old, the seller wasn't very certain. I need help and advice as the only thing he will eat is very small amounts of bananas. We have tried hoppers and eggs and he won't eat any form of protein and I'm getting very worried. Any advice is appreciated, even if it's just to get him eating other fruits and vegis. I'm just really worried that bananas are not enough nutritionally. TIA

dpjm

5 Year Member
It's only been 5 days? Don't be concerned yet. Your tegu needs more time than that to get used to the new surroundings before it will gain much of an appetite.

Adrian Q

For now you can squish some meat inside the bananas. If this behavior continues, slowly increase the meat in whatever he likes. But for the most part, your tegu should shed the behaviour soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced