• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

First time owner of two Red Eye Tree Frogs

Tegu1991

I got two amazing RETFs from my store and they are just amazing. Here is a pic of them and their cage. Can you find them both?

Attachments

• RYTF.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 16

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Sweet set up,i found one near the right hand corner towards the bottom on the glass. The other one i think i see on the left on the moss near the umbrella looking plants.

So wheres my prize :mrgreen: ? lol jk, good luck with them.

G

I can see them both !!

I like the amphibians [would love to have some red spotted newts like I had when I was a kid .. ]

What temps do they like ???

Food ??

Tegu1991

For now they are eating crickets, I breed roaches but they wont touch them so for the first time in six years I have bought crickets. Their temps range from 72 at night to 75 during the day. They are so amazing to watch. My soon to be husband and I met in Costa Rica on a school trip with several schools from around the country. We saw so many of these guys there and fell in love with their colors. When I saw them at my store I just had to get them.

G

Cool !! Interesting story ...

What are those Fruit Flies that they sell in cultures ??

The things we used to call fruit flies were very small and I don`t know how you would handle them [flies all over I would think ] ..

How will you keep them cool ??

Tegu1991

the fruit flys actually cant fly, they crawl. I used to feed them to my baby anoles I would find who were beaten up by something. I would feed them and care for them until they were well enough to go back to the wild. I kept mine at room temp and they did fine.

G

Is it hard to keep a culture of fruit flies alive ???

I kept anoles because I thought they were cool ...

Tegu1991

not hard at all, I had mine breed for me. I had one tube for breeders and one for feeders. Just keep them on a shelf or something like that away from sunlight or drafts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602