• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Florida Skunk Roach?

ilovelizards

Ok so ive been depretly trying to find a new fast beeding feeder with good netrisional vauel for my reptiles because in tired of crickets.I live in FL so it took me a while but i think i found ones I can keep an beed with out a permit and it is the Florida Skunk Roach, Eurycotis floridana.im i correct?

Tegu Dude

I have never heard of this roach. I will call AL Game & Fish tomorrow and ask them. I NEVER send roaches to FL anymore.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Discoids are legal in Florida last I heard. I'm not sure if you can have them shipped into the state or not but it shouldn't be too hard finding someone who can at least get you a starter colony. I believe Ben Siegel breeds them, might be worth giving him a call.

Tegu Dude

Im pretty sure they are not, but I sure wont ship them. I got in trouble in '09 for having a vine snake and water cobra. I've kept venomous specimens all my life and had no idea they changed the law in '02.

ilovelizards

Tegu Dude said:
Im pretty sure they are not, but I sure wont ship them. I got in trouble in '09 for having a vine snake and water cobra. I've kept venomous specimens all my life and had no idea they changed the law in '02.

i dont need them any more raiseing mice 4 tegu&ordering 1000 crickets a month 4 my baby/juvie bearded dragons

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You could look into zophobas if you want a feeder that's easy to raise. The only thing that differs them from their smaller cousins is you have to separate adults in order to get them to pupate and they can't handle colder temps.

got10

ilovelizards said:
Tegu Dude said:

i dont need them any more raiseing mice 4 tegu&ordering 1000 crickets a month 4 my baby/juvie bearded dragons

I know of people that travel and just pick a few up different types of roaches and send them home in the mail or just bring them home when they drive back .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny