• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Florida Tegus wanted.

I'm looking for Black an White Arg. Tegus in Florida. I thought my baby was gonna get bigger an I guess his breed he doesn't, not that it matters cause of course he'll have a FOREVER home I'm just wanting that big jaws an large new baby . I've got two savannah Monators as well an love all my kids I'm just looking to expand my family a little. So if you can help me out please contact me. Thanks. I can guarantee a loving, spoiled an forever home. Thank you.

Last edited:

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That is a very easy to answer question. Rodney Irwin of Tegusonly. He catches them, then sells them. Mine are from him as are some others on this forum. He's a good guy with a good product. Check out his site and see his adds in kingsnake.com and in Faunaclassified. Then call him if interested. Good luck!

snibborsirk

Agreed - Rod (tegus only) is the place to go for a Florida tegu. He usually has high whites to Firebellies - and everything in between! If he doesn't currently have what you're looking for let me know - I have a young high white male from him that I'm considering giving up to a good permanent home.

Snibborsirk and Walter thank u both Il be looking him up right now. An snib listen if u decide to renew home him please let me know first. I can send u pics of my Savannah Monators an my Tegus so u can see he'd be very well takin care of if u decide to.

nice Rodney is gonna pick a couple from me to pick from hopefully an send me pics Wednesday an if all is well I should have em Thursday. The weathers really shitty here right now
nice n

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is there a size/age, sex, pattern you are especially hoping for. I ask because Rod has that wid range and I'm curious. I have a high contrast male, firebelly female, and high white female, all WC in my hometown by Rod!

to be honest I'm just kinda wanting a BIG BL & W Arg or a fire belly would be nice also. He told me after taking to me he's got 2 nice big males he thinks I'll be interested in both are suppose to be really nice . He said to guarantee me size he can't sell me a baby but he assure me Il be happy. An awesome price. Shipping included so I'm very happy. I told him I'd be welling to spend around $400. An he gave me a hell of a price. Not even near that so. He said after taking to me he can see a actually love the breed which makes him happy.... Yaaaaaaaaay me. Lol

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm psyched for you. He has a wide range of great FL. WCs. Two of mine from him were purchased as young adults. The the third as a near-adult. All were quick to be gentle. I believe that that is the nature of this species. Getting one now is when they are in an overwintering slowdown, so don't worry if if he wants to burrow/hide and not too interested in food. Your background in monitors will come in handy. Make sure of a few things always and you and your tegu will be fine. One, provide a moist, not damp, hide with say sphagnum. Provide a thermal gradient of about 115 F to bask to mid-70s F cool end with hide. UV and calcium important. They are curious hunters. Revel in it!! I'm happy for you and the Argie on its way

Thank you I do have a Tegus now I'm just not sure what kind he is he's a complete love bug, I had a Frilled dragon an then I got him when he was a hatchling. He's just not big an he's almost 2. An then after him I got my two savannah's. There decent side. There 15 months an about 18 pounds. So I've got a idea but just not real sure about the different types.. I do really appreciate all the information I feel you can never know enough

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ultimately, the best Argie is the one you want. I'm partial to firebelly with sharp black/white contrast. That's me. What's you?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Post a pic. I and other nice forum members will try to help. The goal is and should be to help a fellow fan of tegus make a good match.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced