• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

For everyone who has a Jam x Whitey Baby hatched on June 29

Quijibo

5 Year Member
I'm going to have to figure out a way to get him to eat his turkey. Today, he ate about 1/2, then crapped right in the middle of what was left.

The days that he doesn't eat much of his "entree", I've been leaving him in his feed box for a while before putting him back in his cage. I'd put him back in his box after a few hours and give him his supers. That seemed to be working, he would go back to his turkey when he figured out he wasn't going to be "rewarded" with supers right away.
I guess today, he finally got wise to my plan... On to plan B, whatever that is.

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Zilch said:
You're spot on with the more mature rodents being better for them too, all those calcium filled tasty bones, thats one reason I want to move him onto older rodents instead of the squishy ones!

Aye. Not much "Bones" in those babies. Plus, a gut load of mouse food is better than a gut load of mouse milk. :lol:

Quijibo

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
Sorry Dave, but I do not have any pictures of this pair, I would go out and take some but they are fast asleep for the winter.

Honestly, I don't really care if they are 20" long and rail thin. Jango's a "Baby Huey" either way.

Well, maybe just a little curious. :)

Fork

5 Year Member
Here's a picture of my boy, right after he ate some turkey. I put some newspapers and things out on the floor so he could go exploring.

3hkk5.jpg

chuckwalla

5 Year Member
Well, I have a bit of a dilemma. I places a order at Rodentpro for 200 F/T fuzzies a couple weeks ago. The order is finally being delivered tomorrow. In this time, I've bought a few F/T hoppers, and Kramer can actually get one down in about 2 minutes. I probably should have ordered hoppers. He'll probably eat around 15 per week, right? At least fuzzies are better than pinkies, correct? Oh well...... :roll:

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i was wondering if any one elses tegu the rare "V" mark on there neck i asked because nero has one and i remember reading on here(posted by bobby) that it is rare to find it in a normal ill post a pic of it later with more pics of nero

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ALSO IMGOING TO POST SOME UPTODATE PICS OF NERO HES GROWNG WELL ALSO I NOTICED WERE HE USED TO BE WHITE HAS TURNED YELLOW KINDA LIKE A NILE MONITOR HAS ANY ONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS

chuckwalla

5 Year Member
reptastic said:
ALSO IMGOING TO POST SOME UPTODATE PICS OF NERO HES GROWNG WELL ALSO I NOTICED WERE HE USED TO BE WHITE HAS TURNED YELLOW KINDA LIKE A NILE MONITOR HAS ANY ONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS

Yes, Kramer's shed yesterday revealed quite a bit of yellow.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
chuckwalla said:
reptastic said:

Yes, Kramer's shed yesterday revealed quite a bit of yellow.

i wonderif they will keep this color when adults , would they still be argentine black and whites or black and gold tegus lol

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
reptastic said:
i was wondering if any one elses tegu the rare "V" mark on there neck i asked because nero has one and i remember reading on here(posted by bobby) that it is rare to find it in a normal ill post a pic of it later with more pics of nero

Bee has the V also. I was wondering the same thing. I remember seeing Bobby showing pictures on here and I have been searching but I can't seem to find them again

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Where is the V located? I'm not sure if Jango has one or not.
Am I the only one who thinks it's odd that we have 2 pretty distinct groups of Gu's here? We have the group that's very white, and pretty big (Nero,'Bee, and Jango), and the group of smaller ones with black heads.
:chin

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
Quijibo said:
Where is the V located? I'm not sure if Jango has one or not.
Am I the only one who thinks it's odd that we have 2 pretty distinct groups of Gu's here? We have the group that's very white, and pretty big (Nero,'Bee, and Jango), and the group of smaller ones with black heads.
:chin

I thought the same thing. Two distinct eating habbits also. Ones that nibble and the ones that eat everything in sight. That's one of the reasons I wanted to see the parents. I wanted to see if certain traits came from either, or some from both

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
Anyhoo, here's some pics of Jango in the bath today after eating 3 mice.(NSFW).

Jango10709003.jpg

Jango10709005.jpg
[/quote]

Its a little hard to tell, but it looks like he might have the V from the bottom picture

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
I found the page with extreme giant with V pattern. Bobby does say here it can be found in some normal B&W tegus.

The V marking under the chin, as well as the creamy peach coloring can identify extreme Giants, or Chacoan white giants. Although it could be found on a rare occasion in the normal Argentines, However, all of the Giants have these markings that I have looked at. Normal white heads do not show these traits; also the Extreme Giants are much larger animals as adults, these are the largest tegus in the world that are found in the pet trade.

Also the white head colored tegus are found through out the range where the normal darker colored are, not just the Chaco region.

Note the V under the jowl.

DSCN1729-1.jpg

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Ah, got it.
I wonder if the creamy peach coloring that he is talking adout is the color on Jango's tail, it starts about at his hips. Most of his white was that color for a while. I don't care much for it, but, I figure it will go away as he gets older.

He was up basking so I went ahead and pulled him out for a quick pic. Here's Jang's chin:
Jangohead.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced