• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

FOUND!!! Cypress mulch out west! CHEAP!!!

new2tegus

Okay, so help me out here, I have a giant coming soon, and if I can't get cypress for under $20 a bag or so, what would be some good stand ins for this. I live in NJ, and I haven't found cypress mulch anywhere yet,so what would work well instead.

montana

Bricks of coir [coconut fiber ]Are a great replacement and can be found at gardening centers especially those that deal with hydroponics ...

Sirhc401

I gave up looking for cypress mulch. But this intrigues me. I live in south California and I went to every store I knew of. No cypress mulch anywhere. If I can find an ace hardware and get some cheap cypress mulch, then thank you my friend you done us all a kindness

Well unfortunately ace hardware is nowhere near where I live. The home depot and lowes dominates my entire area. So no ace hardware...oh well

Hokurai

I live in Southern California and the warehouse my local Ace gets supplies from doesn't carry the cypress mulch.

Alane252

I get mine at lowes 1.75 for 2 cubic ft in each bag and they always have it in stock or if they dont they will have it on the next truck

Dana C

I called every Ace Hardware within 100 miles. None had it and none could order it until spring. It was also the same with Wal Mart, Home Depot, Lowes and every garden center I tried within 100 miles. While it is not the best I found enough apsen shavings to which I will add peat moss to hold moisture. I am paying $14 for 4 cubic feet and am buying 16 feet total.
I also live in Idaho by the way and it is hard to find alot of things here.:mad:

DougY

This is how I found cypress mulch:
ACE Hardware carries their own brand of cypess. I've seen it offered online at different places for INSANE prices + shipping which comes to around $30 a bag!
Nope, NO good!
Go online to acehardware.com find the store near you and give them this order number: 72242
They'll likely tell you they don't carry it in store. Duh!
You then tell them you want it brought into the store.
They'll tell you it's a "raincheck" item and you'll have to pre-pay for it and they'll call you when the truck comes in. (make note of the store number and truck delivery days in case they forget you)
It's ACE brand Cypress Mulch in a 2 sq.ft. bag at $4.79 a bag!
It's Wednesday now. I'll have my mulch by Monday at a nice price + NO delivery fees or shipping! Just go pick it up when it comes in!!
Schweet!!!
I sincerely hope this helps some folks out. I know it can be a pain to get out here but this makes it too easy!

Mods, you might wanna sticky this to make it easier to find for future reference!
Enjoy your tegus!

Down here in south Florida, Home Depot and Lowes have large bags of Cypress Mulch for less than $5/bag.

TripleTegus

I don't have an ace hardware by me but I did find some 100% cypress mulch at Walmart close by for 2.53 a bag. I'm not sure if all Walmart's carry it but it's a good find in they do.

Attachments

• 20191222_204643.jpg
    20191222_204643.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20191222_204632.jpg
    20191222_204632.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 20191222_204625.jpg
    20191222_204625.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 20191222_204617.jpg
    20191222_204617.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9

pilikia

Already tried them! Shipping is like $18 a bag to Mesa AZ where I'm at:(
1800 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85257 they will ship it to that store its literally south south scottsdale practically mesa and im only doing this because my mom is also bad at the internet...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced