• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Free B&W Argentine - all supplies - needs rehome

RaptorDude

Hello. I live in Madison, Wisconsin and I'm in need of rehoming my black and white Argentine tegu. Her name is Moxxi and she's a little over a year old. Unfortunately, my joint effort to care for her has turned into a solo one and I can no longer give her the care she deserves. Her personality is a bit timid, despite my constant daily attempts at socializing her. She has NEVER bitten me or even hissed at me.

Even though I've sunk around $2k into her livelihood, I am willing to give her and every supply I have, including the custom 8 foot enclosure I had made for her, away for free (maybe some transportation costs if you need it of me). I only wish to know that she'd be going to a good home with an experienced reptile owner who will love and care for her. I care for her very much and doing this kills me, but it's just no longer a reality...

I'm not willing to ship her, so you'd need to be within driving distance - neighboring states are okay. I can drive to you, if need be.

If you're interested and have any questions or requests, feel free to reply here. I desperately want to get her into a good home.

20170801_044402.jpg
IMG_20170812_114845.jpg

Attachments

• 20170719_072932.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18

Wolfsong480

Hello. I livlive about in Madison, Wisconsin and I'm in need of rehoming my black and white Argentine tegu. Her name is Moxxi and she's a little over a year old. Unfortunately, my joint effort to care for her has turned into a solo one and I can no longer give her the care she deserves. Her personality is a bit timid, despite my constant daily attempts at socializing her. She has NEVER bitten me or even hissed at me.

Even though I've sunk around $2k into her livelihood, I am willing to give her and every supply I have, including the custom 8 foot enclosure I had made for her, away for free (maybe some transportation costs if you need it of me). I only wish to know that she'd be going to a good home with an experienced reptile owner who will love and care for her. I care for her very much and doing this kills me, but it's just no longer a reality...

I'm not willing to ship her, so you'd need to be within driving distance - neighboring states are okay. I can drive to you, if need be.

If you're interested and have any questions or requests, feel free to reply here. I desperately want to get her into a good home.

View attachment 12259 View attachment 12260
Hello im very very interested in giving her a great home. I live about an hour and a half from you and would be willing to drive to get her and add her to my reptile family. Please get back to me asap thank you!!

Afosterchild

Hello! I'm writing to you from Alexandria, Virginia on behalf of myself and my boyfriend, Dru. We've recently moved in together and are so excited to adopt a Tegu! Dru's always wanted a large lizard and now that we live on our own we have plenty of space to make that dream a reality.

Dru came from his parents' house where they cared for two small dogs, a turtle and a rabbit (also previously a cat, large dog, and lizard of his own who all passed in their own time). My past pets have included several cats growing up, a large dog, as well as helping a previous roommate care for her corn snake and cat. We're both so unused to having animals to care for and we're really looking forward to having a Tegu that we can shower with attention.

I understand it's a bit of a hike from Virginia to Wisconsin, but it's a trip we'd be overjoyed to make. The enclosure that you're generously including with Moxxi is amazing and we'd have plenty of space for it (and Moxxi) in my car and in our large apartment.

This weekend would be a perfect time to make the drive, as Dru and I both will have Friday through Monday off due to Labor Day. If you choose us to adopt Moxxi please feel free to contact me on my personal number anytime, (207)841-0472. We'd also be happy to share update photos of Moxxi along the way and in her new home once she's settled!

Thank you,
Ara

RaptorDude

Oh, I should update this! Apologies and thanks to everybody who was interested, but the good news is that I was able to come up with a solution to keep and care for my darling tegu. Everything actually worked out in the end thanks to my job being kind enough to work with my situation and now Moxxi is much happier all set up in her big new humid enclosure with plenty of daily freedom when she wakes up. Thanks to all who were willing to help. I really appreciate it =)

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced