• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

gotta use powersun for 2 days?

adam1120

Do I have to let it run for two days before using it?and does it burn uvb when not in use or uvb start to decay as soon as I use it the first time? And is bad to use on reptile while letting it run for two days? ( wanna try it on beardie see if they like it more than reptisun).

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Some people like to give it a burn-in period of letting it run somewhere before putting it on their reptiles. I've done it both ways, but I would be cautious with a beardie because their cages are usually smaller and the height is smaller than on larger enclosures. The UV can be intense the first few hours, but most bulbs are burned in as part of the manufacturing process. In other words, it isn't absolutely necessary.

It does not put out any UVB when the bulb is turned off. It decays from Day 1, and the decay is dependent on how much you use them. ZooMed rates them good for 12 months with average use of 10-12 hrs per day.

adam1120

Well my beardies tank is 5x3 and its split at the moment cus my other beardies tank feel and broke. I just wanted to see if my beardie color or if he's more active with it but then again I kinda didn't want to risk it cus i wanna breed him soon so don't nothing wrong with him:D

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't know if the chnage in the beardie would be instant as soon as you put the bulb in. How tall is it? I bet he'll be fine wihtout a two day burn in period.

adam1120

its aroudn 2 feet high right now the lamps but he can get within like 8 inches of it if he wants i put it half on the wood and half still on the bottom for a lower temp basking spot top. he chages colors like crazy lol dark light to dark to light when i hold him and feed him he goes brighttttt when i take him outside and hes mad hes get dark and mad lol both of beardies do that lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam