• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Greetings from East Coast Canada!

Zaelis

Hello everyone! Joined a short while ago, as I recently got a hatchling Chacoan Argentine Tegu from Ty Park and figured having a place to come to with any concerns would be a good idea! I did my fair share of research, but I'm sure there's lots yet I don't know about these guys. Plus a place to share my little handsome!

As I said, I only recently got him, and only very recently been able to handle him! I got him early in November, and as soon as he arrived and was put into his cage, he decided it was time to hibernate for the next 5 months. A week ago he finally came crawling out, and has been coming out since. He has been getting his daily dose of shoulder rides, and couch exploring, and I couldn't ask for a better behaved, curious little 'gu.

I'm really quite surprised at how tame he is. He's skittish in his cage sometimes, but usually only if you walk by too fast and don't talk to him. Otherwise, if you talk to him and move slowly, relatively speaking, you can reach in and pet him with no hissing, tail whipping, or running. He'll just lick your hand curiously and even let you scoop him up with little resistance (He may try to walk over and out of your hand, but again no whipping, hissing etc.).

On the couch he's a goober, constantly on the go, climbing up me to get to the back of the couch, and occasionally perches atop my head! I'm very excited to raise this guy, and have a companion for many years to come!

Looking forward to posting on this forum!
- Zaelis and Bug (The 'gu)

IMG_20170331_125518.jpg 17991715_10206602261534088_3258025867235099507_o.jpg 17917677_10206602260694067_178750659422613236_o.jpg IMG_20170409_181917258_HDR.jpg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome. Good place to join. Heard good things about Ty Park's tegus.

ag3nt 0rang3

greetings from the USA. since they are intelligent little things id have to say that mine got used to my voice as i got near him and he then recognized that i am not a threat. he even jumps to me sometimes lol but doesnt like to be held for very long so i just let him do his thing on his terms which is likely climbing up to the top of my head to perch haha

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
greetings from the USA. since they are intelligent little things id have to say that mine got used to my voice as i got near him and he then recognized that i am not a threat. he even jumps to me sometimes lol but doesnt like to be held for very long so i just let him do his thing on his terms which is likely climbing up to the top of my head to perch haha
Very active and busy. When tired, they'll snuggle, especially with head under my shirt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602