• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Gu Food

Brocey

hey I have 4 lbs of ground whole salmon on it way to my house. Will this work as a staple diet? Will the fish bones provide enough calcium? I'm new on here btw just worried about my gu!

marydd

A variety in diet is pretty important for tegus. They need fruit and veggies still. And how boring would it be to just eat salmon. It may also be to fatty to eat all the time. I think you should mix it up. If you decide keep that as his only food besides veggies and fruits you need to still use a bit of calcium, not every time but maybe every 3rd time. Hopefully some one else will come in regarding the added asking of calcium you need.

N8bub

Mice or quail in addition to the salmon. The bones in fish are generally smaller. Smaller bones less calcium.

Brocey

Okay ive been using blueberries and strawberries as fruit. ( i cant find a veggie that he likes) are these healthy?
Thanks for the reply!

marydd

Blue berries and strawberries are ok. My girl seems to like the squahes and red peppers. Try those. Also try sweet potato. If you make a kind of meat loaf with the salmon and veggies the gu will more likely eat the green. I always put the collard greens chopped up in her ground Turkey. Add different fruits to. I always share whatever fruit/veggi I am eating or in one case she stuck her had in my bowl and helps herself. There is a great list on here of foods. I printed it out and keep it in my purse for when I am shopping. In

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602