• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

help with gravid behavior

behavior, gravid

• im new and dont know what this is.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • please help

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

MASTERTEGU87

I have a 8 year old black and white, and she just bred with a male about a month ago... I was wondering what signs should i look for to make sure she is gravid ...thanks

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would probably expect her to get a little more lethargic and maybe changes in her eating patterns. Are you closely documenting her care, what she's eating, how much, etc?

MASTERTEGU87

Yes i have a log... She has been eating more than before... But not going to the bathroom as much... Always hiding... Its week 3 after she and the male were together... She has free rome of my bedroom, because she will NOT stay in her cage... It looks like she's trying to find a place for her eggs... Digging at the floor and hiding under card board... She's really fat aswell.
im feeding her every day, she poops every two days, and sleeps for more than half the day... I hope i gave you a good amount of info... Thanks Anthony

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
First she would have follicle development that would eventually become eggs. If she were ready to lay, you would be able to see the outline of eggs. She would be quite large, even using up tail reserves to build her clutch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980