• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How do I make the windows?

Kay

So I'm no carpenter but I am kind of handy. I have made a few things for my bearded dragon. I am getting a Tegu but want to make the enclosure first. I cannot grasp the concept of how to make the windows. Do I cut a notch in the plywood?? Do they have precut framing for plexi glass? Thanks!

Kay

So after sitting here staring at my monitor for the past hour (our systems are down) I think I have it! I can just cut a whole, put the plexi in and put trim around the windows to hold it in. Seems like a good idea to me....Any thoughts??

beantickler

Check out the build threads for some ideas... Yes I think your idea would work. You can also use ferring strips and angled screws to hold glass in place.

zfro

For mine I bought a sliding glass track from a local glass shop. You lay the track on the frame of the window. The specific track I got added an inch in a half to the opening. There is a 2 inch overlap of the glass. I used 2x2s for the farming then put the plywood on the frame. The gray pieces on the wood is the glass. If you go to a glass shop it was called a secretary window. Hope this helps
85bd64ab00a3e4d50bcd11b8d35a8a5d.jpg
25377a4ce51240f123b13b1b75a90b3e.jpg
51e35b7d81207320901b4ea5f6b8f054.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Zyn

Anyone else had issues with tegus figuring out how to p
Open unlocked sliding glass doors

zfro

Anyone else had issues with tegus figuring out how to p
Open unlocked sliding glass doors
I'm sure I will have that issue soon enough. There are locks that go in the middle of them both to make sure they open no more than an inch. I work at a pet store and thats what they use for all their sliding doors. I dont know where to get them ill have to ask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced