• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I am baffled!

pottymouth

5 Year Member
hello Names Jacob, i have a 6 month or so old Tegu terra is what i was originaly told.She also was sold as female to me,but i know its probably not accurate.She has seem to come down with what i am thinking is a prolapse wierd thing is she can push it back in but it pops out again doesn't look like hemipenes.Actually looks as though her Genitalia was poping out and every time i picked her up gently (3) times it looked as if she was urinating but just for a second .

she wasn't passing stool as she was headed under the cypress and it was still out like a droplit.It looked as if musk? Do they Musk?haha i know stupid question,anyway i am looking at it tomorrow and probably getting her in or making an appointment at the vet also if she still has it by time i get up i will try and get picks of the area she is tame but More of what Bobby would call tolerant of me lol so i hope to break that barrier soon after this epidemic. Thanks for any input!

Also pics of her face whick seems to me be infected or something i have know idea really what it could be but she came with it approximently 2 1/2 months ago

this prolapse or just her urinating thing happen today and never before ^ :bang .

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Well it could be impaction and that she was just pushing so hard that she had a prolapse. If it is still sticking out keep it moist keep her in a rubbermaid with damp paper towels lining the bottom. Also give her a bathe too. The only other advice I have is to see a vet.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
pottymouth said:
well i have cypress mulch and eco earth blended.Is impaction a possibility?

Yes, impaction is quite possible. I removed most of Beauregard's cypress (because he was eating it and passing large pieces in his feces) & replaced the big stuff with pine bedding, top soil, cocofiber, and
sphagnum moss.

Many others on here have also reported that their gus were also eating cypress.

...Jefroka

pottymouth

5 Year Member
ok so i emptied her cage of the substrate and added paper towels dampened and a few hides she is still fine as in eating and basking she never really likes baths can't even get her in 1 for more than 3 minites here are some pics of the area.

142.jpg

143.jpg

144.jpg

it looks as though it is only the flap of the cloaca.

her cage before i removed everything

141.jpg

also her lip on this side does a little over hang idk if you can see!

148.jpg

again thanks.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Pikey said:
OK DONT USE THE PINE BEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that will KILL her

You may be thinking of pine plywood as something bad, its been mentioned before as being bad, which of course is not true.

Pine bedding is fine, pine bark can lead to impaction issues.

...Jefroka

pottymouth

5 Year Member
i have heard pine and cedar is a no no with all reptiles can we get back to the point though do the pics help anyone i still don't know what im dealing with! :dead

Jefroka

5 Year Member
pottymouth said:
i have heard pine and cedar is a no no with all reptiles can we get back to the point though do the pics help anyone i still don't know what im dealing with! :dead

It appears to me that this tegu may have passed a large piece of cypress in its stool.

...Jefroka

pottymouth

5 Year Member
well i have seen her poo no big chunks and ther was a fiber stuck to her cloaca but i got to it. she didn't want to take any more pics of her cloaca so those had to do and soaking she goes crazy can make her stay still as i don't want trust to be lost she is pretty tame even when all warmed up.

i have her on moist paper towels and am keeping the humidity up until i get to the vet also she just passed more stool very long because she has been munching plenty of superworms.so i will 1 hour ago i will check on her soon and see if she was mabey constipated and finally passed then if her cloaca looks better i will update also i was looking into treating her lip with mouthwash which bobby says well "listerine on a q tip" has worked i think i read from a searched posting on here but will double check. thanks guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602