• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Juvenile Tegu Tail Necrosis?

IanG

Just about a week ago my juvenile Colombian tegu figured out how to open his cages sliding door. (Which I will need to find a lock for.) He got out and I searched relentlessly. I found him I a corner with what looked like damage caused by a falling sharp object or my cat. Fleshy indentations. No blood though. I tried to pick him up and move him to a table to get a better view and it was attached. I had my mother hold him while I went to get peroxide and triple antibiotic. But overtime the tail got looser and looser until it fell off. The tail now looks like this. Is he in danger? Because I really cannot afford a visit to an exotic vet.
3a8434541e366bd4c2f2278aec491ff1.jpg
16e2629df00317a6e28659b8282b916e.jpg

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

IanG

Why cant you afford to visit an exotic vet?

Maybe it's just the vets near me are very expensive but I called and to get him in and looked at was going to be between 600 and 750 usd. That doesn't take in to account that is any treatment is required according the the woman on the phone I could be looking at an median of 1250$. Ill look for other exotic vets.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

bd0795

Just consulting a vet only costs me $20. If I wanted a fecal and x-ray done, it cost anywhere from $70-90. Idk anyone who would charge as mich as the figures you post.

Take her to a vet to get professional opinion

Edit - it looks necrotic to me. Id take her to a vet so that they can recommend the proper antiobiotica to take if necessary

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam