• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Juvenile tegus

trnrpr

Hey there , new tegu owner here. I got offered a pair of black and white tegus. I have always had iguanas and reptiles so I accepted. The adults are big and look to be healthy though I will still get them check out. They came with two babies (hatchlings) one is about 5 to 7 inches in length, is active and eats abundantly. The other one is about half that size and is zombie like, he has his eyes closed most of the time though he opens them here and there. He moves a little bit then lays out for a while. Very slow and unactive. I want to believe that he is just very very young but I don't think that it's normal and would like some opinions from experienced owners. I also researched hatchlings and their color is off to what appears in photos of other hatchlings , any advice and knowledge would be greatly appreciated. He ate small a bite or two of ground turkey earlier and didn't eat anything else. Completley ignored crickets and doesn't move much. The blue container was temporary for transport and while I cleaned/set up their new place . Thank you in advanced.

Attachments

• 20160710_155501.jpg
    20160710_155501.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 123
  • 20160710_155452.jpg
    20160710_155452.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
  • 20160710_155236.jpg
    20160710_155236.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 111
  • 20160710_152833.jpg
    20160710_152833.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 107

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey there , new tegu owner here. I got offered a pair of black and white tegus. I have always had iguanas and reptiles so I accepted. The adults are big and look to be healthy though I will still get them check out. They came with two babies (hatchlings) one is about 5 to 7 inches in length, is active and eats abundantly. The other one is about half that size and is zombie like, he has his eyes closed most of the time though he opens them here and there. He moves a little bit then lays out for a while. Very slow and unactive. I want to believe that he is just very very young but I don't think that it's normal and would like some opinions from experienced owners. I also researched hatchlings and their color is off to what appears in photos of other hatchlings , any advice and knowledge would be greatly appreciated. He ate small a bite or two of ground turkey earlier and didn't eat anything else. Completley ignored crickets and doesn't move much. The blue container was temporary for transport and while I cleaned/set up their new place . Thank you in advanced.
The little one in the first two pics is a Savannah Monitor.

trnrpr

I thought it was a different species. I was told they were their hatchlings when we rescued them so I kind of went with it till I got home and saw the difference. I was looking at the pair and I do believe the female might be pregnant. I'm a first time tegu owner so I am doing as much research as I can till I take them to the vet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam