• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Lighting and Enclosure Question?

Lacy

Hi! I am new to owning tegus. I got Ness about two/three months ago. I'm not sure how old she is, or rather if she's a male or female, due to the fact that the man I bought her from told me she was too young to be sexed. Anyways, I have her set up in a fifty gallon tank as of right now. I have a 100 watt power sun, but I thought that wasn't enough recently, so I bought another 100 watt repti-sun for her other dome. Is that too much heat for her? I'm a little worried and I just want to make sure she's happy and healthy & not overheated. Also, how old do you think she is judging by her size? I bought her from tegusonly.com and his tegus are wild caught, so he didn't know her age.

Attachments

• IMG_20170417_193245989.jpg
    IMG_20170417_193245989.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20170412_165527989.jpg
    IMG_20170412_165527989.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 63

Say Car Ramrod

I'm not good at guessing how old she is but you should invest in an infrared temp gun from Amazon or harbor freight tools to know what her basking temperature is for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

beardeddragon111

It looks like you have the bulbs set in the middle, which means that is probably to much heat for that whole cage. It might not be if u put them both to one side or get a larger cage.

dpjm

5 Year Member
There is no way for us to tell you whether the enclosure is too hot or too cold by just describing your lighting setup. There are so many variables that can affect the temperature. You really need to get an infrared temperature reader.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam