• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Living plants (Toxic and non Toxic?)

zfro

What are safe plants that I can incorporate with my gu. Also what plants are toxic. I am currently going to put papyrus, coleus, and caladium (arrowhead plant)
31a761a8a5f8e49329a2d144344c963a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Donnie25

Not sure how much they'll tear plants up, as I'm new and don't have a tegu yet, but ficus, schefflera, umbrella tree, hibiscus, palms, dracaena, miracle fruit and many others are safe for other reptiles(I use them in my bioactive cham enclosures).

beardeddragon111

Most plants will be stomped within hours maybe a day or two if your lucky. I tried pothos as it's very hard to kill but it was still trampled. I'm There is a safe plant list for chameleons somwe here that should work for tegus if you want to try it. Whatever you do, make sure it's something very hardy, I've had trouble simply securing lights properly.

zfro

Most plants will be stomped within hours maybe a day or two if your lucky. I tried pothos as it's very hard to kill but it was still trampled. I'm There is a safe plant list for chameleons somwe here that should work for tegus if you want to try it. Whatever you do, make sure it's something very hardy, I've had trouble simply securing lights properly.
Yea he trampled 2 within the first 30 mins LOL

zfro

Yea I'm going to hang some pothos to see if that works and I put some ivy in. The papyrus is holding up so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602