• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Look what I bought from the Hamburg PA show!!!!!!!

olympus

5 Year Member
IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

redtail2426

5 Year Member
Thats an alligator right? How big is he going to get and what the hell are you going to do with him when hes full grown? He is awesome!!

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Its a camen aligator and that was impulse at best lol! Good God that is a huge undertaking, the crappy thing is, their really aggressive and you probably wont be able to sell it if you did decide it was too much for you. Good Luck Dude.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
dang. thats awesome but that thing will get huge and are not the least bit nice are they? good luck with that. i hope you know what your getting in to.

dorton

5 Year Member
ColdThirst said:
Its a camen aligator and that was impulse at best lol! Good God that is a huge undertaking, the crappy thing is, their really aggressive and you probably wont be able to sell it if you did decide it was too much for you. Good Luck Dude.

I'll let him tell us what it is, but it does not look like a caimen to me, looks like an american alligator to me.
I have been wanting a crocodilian for a while, maybe one day.

olympus

5 Year Member
Thanks everybody but I woke up at three o'clock in the morning to check on it and it was dead. I guess it wasn't meant to be... I'm pretty pissed off, now I know why he lady sold it for $60. By the way it was an american alligator not a caimen...
Oh yeah Bobby there was a guy there claiming that he was selling chacoan tegus. When I began asking him questions and telling him about the web site he got pissed. He even wouldn't let me hold it because I bet him a hundred dollars that I could prove it wasn't a chacoan with the v shape under the jaw like u said. After a couple of minutes I left and so did everybody else.... :bs

snakehandler

5 Year Member
I wonder why he died. Maybe a postmortum would be interesting.
i know of some older caiman who where relocated and died as a result of stress related illness.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
oh that sucks. you should find out what happened. it might be somethin that could be passed to your other reptiles. he looked healthy to me in the pics.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
dorton said:
ColdThirst said:

I'll let him tell us what it is, but it does not look like a caimen to me, looks like an american alligator to me.
I have been wanting a crocodilian for a while, maybe one day.

I thought there were the characteristic points above its eyes that a caimen has, but I must have just been seeing the background, cuz i do know my reptiles. And thats crazy bc it looked as though nothing at all was wrong with it in the pic.

angelrose

5 Year Member
:( I am sorry that happened. he looked sooo good in the pics and precious. I would love to have one if I could 8) are you going to find out what happened :?:

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear that it died, but, seriously, it might have been for the best. I just don't think that people should own things like that. I draw the line at water monitors, which I think should ONLY be Cbb, that way people would have to pay more, and as a result, research more.

A gator is something I would never own. Aggressive and big are not a good combination.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced