• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Meet Jeffrey

For everyone this is Jeffrey my first tegu. He's a special one as he has issues with his front legs I got him from someone selling him online. What I didn't realize he had some problems at the start of his life so now he has problems with crawling around and wouldn't eat his veggies or fruit as the previous owners said he would. As of me his forever mom, My name is Chelsey. Jeffrey as of right now is my only tegu and i wanted to share him with the world and his story:)Jeffrey will be 2 in october well I don't know his real age the guy said he was a year so this year will make him 2 I'm glad to have him and many more memories to come <3 <3 <3

Attachments

• 20170223_114317.jpg
    20170223_114317.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You are doing better than me as AlphaAlpha wont touch any fruit or veg that I`ve tried so far....I do keep trying him/her and am thinking to maybe blitz or juice it up and mix it in with his meats.....but I have also being told several times that colombians lean more to being carnivore than a omnivore , although I can`t find anything to back this up.

I cut grapes and strawberries other fruits up and mixed in scrambled eggs Jeffrey loved his eggs but now I don't need to mix. It was a long process it took like three months before he started eating them alone but I was told by his previous owners that he loved his veggies but when I got him home he wouldn't touch :/ but he still won't eat the greens even if I mixed them in eggs

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
cool guess I`ll just keep trying then and maybe AA will start especially if I start mixing it in with eggs and meats ...ty....I`ve only had him/her 4 1/2 weeks

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He/she was a rescue and is around the 20" mark so I`d have thought somewhere between 6 - 12 months but I`m not certain.... He/she is very skitish and can`t be handled as yet, although he/she doesn`t bite, hiss or tail whip I`d rather be patient and take my time then pushing him/her into an aggressive stand off.

He/she was a rescue and is around the 20" mark so I`d have thought somewhere between 6 - 12 months but I`m not certain.... He/she is very skitish and can`t be handled as yet, although he/she doesn`t bite, hiss or tail whip I`d rather be patient and take my time then pushing him/her into an aggressive stand off.
That's good at least she/he not aggressive and with lots of care they can be very affectionate :) its always good to be patient that's what I did with Jeffrey I let him
Patients is key :D I hope for the best I would like to hear the progress AA has made later down the road

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes I`ll be staying on here, posting our triumphs and reaching out for answers if or when we have any problems and also probably bombarding everyone with pics....lol:D:tegu:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980