• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Mercury Vapor Brands

numarix

Here is a link to an art about MEGA RAY'S http://web.mac.com/breadnbutterdesign/%5BCND%5D/MegaRay_Lamp_Review.html

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I just brought a zoo Med mvb 160w bulb and I have a 55 gallon tank how far away from the basking spot shouldbit be

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

agv0008

chitodadon said:
I just brought a zoo Med mvb 160w bulb and I have a 55 gallon tank how far away from the basking spot shouldbit be

Get one of these and try different distances allowing a few hours for the temp to stabilize.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I put it on my.list of things to get also Gould I keep my baby Tegu in the 55 gallon or put him.in the 4x2x3

agv0008 said:
chitodadon said:

Get one of these and try different distances allowing a few hours for the temp to stabilize.

Is that wattage yo high for a 55 gallon long and high tank

Venutus1

Just FYI...
Arcadia is now available in US ... but the bulbs are 230v... so you have to use an up-converter. (110v to 220/230v step up.)
This adds 30.00 to 50.00 to the set up.... BUT 230v Merc Vapor bulbs run allot better and last better as 230v in my humble opinion.:angel::)
Cheers.
Todd
[attachment=5668]
[attachment=5669]

Attachments

• 160 w Bulb.jpg
    160 w Bulb.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 160 w 16.jpg
    160 w 16.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 17

Skeetzy

Arcadia has a great reputation. Lots of bearded dragon owners were ordering the lights from the UK because of how good they were. Most use the tube, since it's 12.0 UVB.

I'll be switching over completely once all mine run out of life.

Venutus1

Skeetzy said:
Arcadia has a great reputation. Lots of bearded dragon owners were ordering the lights from the UK because of how good they were. Most use the tube, since it's 12.0 UVB.

I'll be switching over completely once all mine run out of life.

the 12% tubes are also available in the US now.;)
In t8 AND HO t5!

Skeetzy

I forgot to add, I use a Power sun for my map turtle. He seems to enjoy it a lot, since he spends a majority of the day basking. Until someone walks by, in which he dive bombs into the tank, and goes nuts for a minute. He's pretty much hand tame too. Can stick my hand in the water and he comes over and sits on it almost.

Venutus1

Beasty said:
" Do your research and make an informed decision for yourself."

[size=x-large]That is EXCELLENT ADVICE![/size]

Here is the best place to start:
http://www.uvguide.co.uk/

This is very interesting too.
Frances Baines is my true hero. :)
She IS the one true Goddess of all things UV! :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUu24MNO2Ho

Here is some REAL scientific information that companies like Exo Teary and Zoo Mid do NOT give you on their web-sites:

http://www.arcadia-reptile.com/lighting-guide/

And this is a very informative article by my friend John Courteney Smith in England:

http://www.arcadia-reptile.com/the-d3-cycle/

Cheers!
Todd
www.lightyourreptiles.com

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
The ReptileUV Megaray is the same bulb as the Westron UV bulb. It is cheaper to get a 2 pack direct from Westron Lighting, but you will be waiting for an eternity for it. You will not get responses from Westron when you ask about your order. If you order them, do not let it go past 45 days. You can then file a paypal dispute and Westron will then ship your order. Worked for me.

Venutus1

Dubya said:
The ReptileUV Megaray is the same bulb as the Westron UV bulb. It is cheaper to get a 2 pack direct from Westron Lighting, but you will be waiting for an eternity for it. You will not get responses from Westron when you ask about your order. If you order them, do not let it go past 45 days. You can then file a paypal dispute and Westron will then ship your order. Worked for me.

that sounds like a great way for them to run a business! LOL:s

great for me! LOL

Plus... I have read the reviews of that bulb.
don't the leak UVC?:huh:
just sayin'.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
tommylee22 said:
Powersuns also burn out in 3 months Ive went thru two and at that point I changed over to the mega Ray 100watt

The powersun will last as long as you don"t move, jiggle, or bump them while they are hot. Also, if you turn them off while hot, it takes a little while for them to come back on when you plug them back in. Some people may think they are burned out and throw them away when they just have to cool down a bit. My powersun has been on for 12 hrs a day since august.

Venutus1 said:
Dubya said:

that sounds like a great way for them to run a business! LOL:s

great for me! LOL

Plus... I have read the reviews of that bulb.
don't the leak UVC?:huh:
just sayin'.

The old ones leaked UVA. When you go to Westron's website, You would expect the "Buy now" things to be in stock. They aren"t. Westron makes most of the UVB bulbs for sale in the USA. They will fill commercial orders first and push retail orders to the end of the line. I have a 2 pack of 125 watt Westron bulbs that I will cherish forever because they are too hard to come by to actually use. My 160 watt powersun is doing fine.

tommylee22

I knew that you couldn't bump them and that they are delayed to come back on still first one went out within 30days and the newest one in 3 months. I called them they said to ship it to us and we will replace it, that was two weeks ago no bulb. I also paid like 100 dollars for that Powersun that doesn't put off even close to the mega ray UVB. Megga Ray was 60 dollars shipped, just sayin.

Oh and I've noticed in the first week with the new Mega Ray bulb that Biggin has never been so active he loves that light.

Steven.

Is Weston website the only place to buy the megaray bulb?.. I've had my powersun for 1 year nows.. And my tegus are doing just great.. Very active and eating great..

sent from my phone to your eyes

carr65

The original MVB was from Peter Weise who bred bearded dragons ,the Weise mvb needed a ballast ,then companies like T Rex,ExoTerra,Zoo Med ,etc.... put out MVB'S .My opinion is to get the Zoo Med Mvb because zoo med has been in business the longest and if a zoo med product fails to work or has a defect zoo med will replace it as long as you have the receipt for the product ,and no zoo med will not replace something from years ago it must be recient.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced