• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Misting System

Brian A

Can anyone recommend one? I see a lot of reviews for some of the ones I'm looking at saying that the thing breaks after a week or two...

TheWonderer

I think building one might be the best bet. Find a humidifier with a good spout that you can place a PVC flexible pipe on and it should work. That's what I have heard and I'm going to try it myself. If my humidifier and piping works, I will post the link to it. Repti-fogger looks cool and I have tried it but I think the longevity of the unit is not good. My water where I live isn't the best and has a lot of sediment so I need to make sure I filter the water. As one might guess, the sediment can cause the machine to get clogged.

Last edited:

TheWonderer

I'm running a humidifier attached to a pvc pipe. It works well enough. I didn't like the repti-fogger because it doesn't have a long enough time between refills.

beantickler

I'm running a humidifier attached to a pvc pipe. It works well enough. I didn't like the repti-fogger because it doesn't have a long enough time between refills.
Woah... I have mine on a 10x4x4 enclosure and I only fill mine once a day... Lol how much are you fogging?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Justin

5 Year Member
I have a mistking system however the idea of purchasing distilled water regularly got old pretty quick even using a spray pump grew tiresome. What I currently do with great success is when I noticed the substrate becoming dry or dusty is dig a hole and add about 3 gallons of water. This ensures that the subtract has plenty of moisture which it slowly releases. This is in a 4x8 enclosure with approximately 8-12 inches of substrate made up primarily of sphagnum moss.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam