• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

MONSOON RS400 MISTER

tommylee22

Hey Tegu owners, I wanted to get some info on the Monsoon mister, Is it as great as it looks? seems to have good reviews. I'm thinking about ordering one and wanted to see what you guys think.

Thanks,
T

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What are you planning on using it for? I used on for a exoterra nano tank and it worked well. If you plan on using it for a large enclosure you will need to add more valves and hope it has the power to supply water to all of them.

tommylee22

I'm using it on a 40gl breeder with my new Extreme for his first 8-12 months. I think the two sprayers that come with it will be fine for now. I will add more once I get it into the larger enclosure, mabe a second unit.

It's just hard to maintain 60-70% himidity at a constant without multible mistings per day right now with using an aquarium.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The 2 sprayers should be good for a 40. Have you tried covering the screen with foil, plexi glass, wood, etc?

tommylee22

I have cardboard on inside of the lid but still seems to drop. I'll get some plexi and seal all but the opening around light sorce soon.

Venutus1

tommylee22 said:
Hey Tegu owners, I wanted to get some info on the Monsoon mister, Is it as great as it looks? seems to have good reviews. I'm thinking about ordering one and wanted to see what you guys think.

Thanks,
T

umm...
yea.
They do LOOK good.
unfortunately... they are not that good.
I have been through 2 so far, Hagen replaced the first one I had with a second one, and that one failed too.

If you google them you will get allot of info about them and their "flaws".

You are best of springing the 100.00 - 125.00 for a Mist King.:)

Cheers,
Todd

apocalypse910

I have one - works great so far and seems to do wonders for the humidity. My tegu thought it was the devil for a while but he's getting used to it and the improved humidity is doing wonders for his sheds and activity level. I have a 6x3 cage with topsoil as the substrate - it keeps the soil through about half the cage damp and the humidity levels stay at about 70%. It takes a bit of experimentation to get the timing right - basically keeping the soil damp without soaking it. I have mine on a sensor that tries to keep the humidity at about 80% but in practice I can't get the humidity that high during the day. I believe that is more of an issue of cage construction than the mister though.

I also love the mister because it has allowed me to make a fairly naturalistic setup - half the cage is covered in moss and various plants and the mister does a great job of keeping them alive without much care on my part.

I've used mine for about 3 months - would definitely recommend from my experience so far.

Venutus1

apocalypse910 said:
I have one - works great so far and seems to do wonders for the humidity. My tegu thought it was the devil for a while but he's getting used to it and the improved humidity is doing wonders for his sheds and activity level. I have a 6x3 cage with topsoil as the substrate - it keeps the soil through about half the cage damp and the humidity levels stay at about 70%. It takes a bit of experimentation to get the timing right - basically keeping the soil damp without soaking it. I have mine on a sensor that tries to keep the humidity at about 80% but in practice I can't get the humidity that high during the day. I believe that is more of an issue of cage construction than the mister though.

I also love the mister because it has allowed me to make a fairly naturalistic setup - half the cage is covered in moss and various plants and the mister does a great job of keeping them alive without much care on my part.

I've used mine for about 3 months - would definitely recommend from my experience so far.

That is good to know!
Maybe they have fixed all the bugs!

But please let us know at 6mo. how it is doing.;)

Skeetzy

I post this every time someone asks about a mister/fogger. I use a $30 Walgreens humidifier, hooked up to some PVC pipe. It runs off a water bottle(some leak, but the 1L smart water bottle works wonders). It works perfectly. Keeps my humidity up, and my topsoil/sand perfect. Not damp by any means, but it always holds a burrow. I spent the $70 on the zoomed hygrotherm for an all in one thermostat/humidistat. It usually runs about once a day in my 7x4x3 when the lights are on. With the lights off now, I haven't seen it run at all, since humidity is pretty constant.

I spent all of $35 on the humidifier, PVC, and smart water bottle. No issues so far.

apocalypse910

For anyone looking for an alternative you can get fogger modules on ebay for about three dollars. You won't be able to put them in the cage directly - they hurt like hell if you get to close and I doubt they would be particularly compatible with a curious tegu snout.

I'm going to build a makeshift fogging system to use in addition to the sprayer to get the humidity up a few points during sheds and because I honestly love the effect.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
tommylee22 said:
I have cardboard on inside of the lid but still seems to drop. I'll get some plexi and seal all but the opening around light sorce soon.

Try using coroplast from home depot. It is in the section with the plexiglas. It is the stuff they make campaign signs out of. It is about 12 bucks for a 3x6 sheet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced