• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Monster Radio

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Hey guys, I'm cohosting a radio show tonight. it would be great if you guys could tune in or call in. I'd love to hear from some of you. This may be a regular thing and I would love to be able to talk with some of you.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.blogtalkradio.com/MonsterBoas/2009/01/11/Geckos-Boas-and-cold-a-weather" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.blogtalkradio.com/MonsterBoa ... -a-weather</a><!-- m -->

Tux

5 Year Member
I caught the last 15 min of it, if it becomes a regular thing you may just hear from me lol

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
It's gonna be regular. You can go back and listen to the show. Callers can pic a reptile topic. All are welcome. We would be happy to have you. They also give away some cool prizes if you win the 10 question game. It's really fun.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Doh just missed it. I'll check it out next time. I wonder if I'll be able to even understand you with that wicked Alabama accent you got!

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Just wanted to bump this. The next show is Saturday night at 8pm central. If you get a chance and can catch it please join us.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Please do the listeners and callers make the show. We plan on trying to get several special callers eventually. If anyone has a topic they would like to discuss on live radio. Please feel free to call in and ask questions. It's really fun to get together and chat with voices instead of keyboards. We try to make it as fun as possible too.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
We have another show tonight. Show if you can listen and join in. We will be glad to have you. All are welcome to come and join us. If anyone has a topic they would like to discuss. We would love to hear it and talk with you.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.blogtalkradio.com/MonsterBoas/2009/01/18/Geckos-Boas-and-cold-a-weather" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.blogtalkradio.com/MonsterBoa ... -a-weather</a><!-- m -->

Monster Boas

5 Year Member
Can Of Worms you did! Thanks Tux it was a real treat to have you call in, we can all learn something special from you all! I am the proud owner of two B&W Argentine Tegus and can never think I know it all pertaining to these beutiful animals. I want to thannk Tegu Talk for at liest giving Monster Radio a chance!

-Robert Hall

Tux

5 Year Member
Not a problem Rob, Stick around here buddy, every time I start to think I'm slowing down with my intake of information someone here seems to toss out a new thought or idea to look into.

Monster Boas

5 Year Member
Thats great, Im always open to learnign some new things and make sure what I learned is the proper learning tool. I will start making this a forum I get into topics!

-Robert Hall

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Ok guys next weeks show is gonna be about the Albino gene in basking lizards. Tux has called in and gave us a great topic. Like the thread on this site. So we plan on having a good 32 hr show. To let several give opinions on the matter.
Just to let you all know. I've got NERD as my guest cause I'm all for the Albinos. I also plan on having others. But NERD was the first to respond back and I am thrilled to know that my side has a representative now. I hope to have some others. I'm still digging up breeders. But so far i'm doing pretty well. So I hope your in for a great show.

Tux

5 Year Member
Your going to get breeders breeding albino animals as support, my view is one that few people are willing to take a stand with. With that being said this isn't going to be a "he's wrong he's right" issue and won't be an argument, as an open person if someone makes a good point it gives me more to look into and may even sway my views.

Monster Boas

5 Year Member
Tux, I will not let it become a "he said she said" show. What I would like to see is just different opinions. I admire your's and Billy's experience and I can personally learn alot from the two of you. Facts and Opinions are gold when it comes to a broadcast and I for one learn ALOT with the likes of you, billy and anyone else thats in the hobby for the animals and not the money side! so with that said:

I have a radio show on Blogtalk Radio called "Monster Radio" I invite everyone from here to listen in because there are alot of different topics discussed.

We will be having some very special guests on Monster Radio this Saturday! I will not say who but we will be discussing the importance of "UV" lighting compared to supplements as in D3 and calcium. Theres alot of talk right now about "UV" lighting for albino animals, and our special guests will be here to talk to us about this, Also we will have the "10 Question Line"

Please follow the link here:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/MonsterRadio
Show time: 8PM CST (Wisconsin)
When: Every Saturday Night
Topic Description: We will be discussing the importance of "UV" lighting compared to "supplements", Also we will have the "10 Question Line"

We have alot of special guests that call in. Hope to see you all there!

Thank-You,
-Robert Hall

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
i don't want a he said she said match. But I figure the ones breeding them know how to care for them best. So I plan on having them. This way they can tell their side just like you and any one else. I want to hear opinions from all side. I still have questions to the eye problems and such. So this show will not be a fighting match or anything. It is going to be a good show with some good info from both sides of the fence.

Tux

5 Year Member
I totally agree with having all stances and opinions possible, I'm not totally sold on every detail myself one way or the other. As for those breeding them knowing how to take care of them best......I can't say they don't know or do know, the 2 things are not really linked as I have seen both good and bad breeders as well as good and bad keepers, their input is worth hearing though.

The UV aspect doesn't affect nocturnal species in the spirit in which I raised the topic but NERD have some pretty awesome animals none the less and I look forward to the input there.

I do need to make some talking points and do a little more back reading to refresh myself on the topic. It will be a good one for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602