• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My boy is not eating well

Cheyenne

My 2 year old B/W has slowed his eating and sleeps a lot. When he is out on the floor he wanders like normal. He occasionally tenses up and looks like hes swollowing something large. His enclosure is a bit small but thats only for the next couple days. What worries me is he is starting to get a little skinny.
Any ideas

Cheyenne

Humidity at 70% temp is 105 in the hot end and 80 in the low end. And not long just a few days maybe a week tops but he is my first tegu so I'm still learning whats normal and whats not.

Cheyenne

I think I'm going to call the vet tomorrow. He acts more active than normal so im wondering if its his small house he has outgrown it but I'm putting the finishing touches on his new one so he can't move in yet.

Justin

5 Year Member
Perhaps stress could cause some of the issues how big is his current one and new one?
This symptom is what would concern me "He occasionally tenses up and looks like hes swallowing something large." I would still take him to the vet based on that as while he might be stressed there could be something else going on and if you wait to see if it is caused by stress you could end up with a rapidly deteriorating animal health wise.

Cheyenne

Update:
Hes eating better after I realized I forgot to put his hide back in with him. I'm taking him to the vet just to make sure there isnt an underlying issue as well.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam