• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My New Orange Iguana

KABIKANO

Steven. said:
KABIKANO said:
Rango is beastin' Steve! Hahaha! She said sex doll! Hahahaha!

Bro lets get that blue fire on the market!!!! i'm so ready!!

I know i know but you kant rush perfection brother. Let em mature then... BOO-YAH!!! BLUE FIRE ALL UP IN YOUR GRILL SON!!!

Man Steve, I'm so stingy with it, Imma keep that BLUE FIRE for my private stock, but I'll hook you up though homie. You know you got that!

Steven.

So you retire from the pits.. You gonna start with tegu?..

sent from my phone to your eyes

I just came downstairs to find rango passed out on my chair..

[attachment=5216]
[attachment=5217]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348016473513.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348016473513.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 8
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348016495916.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348016495916.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 8

Logie_Bear

Steven. said:
So you retire from the pits.. You gonna start with tegu?..

I just came downstairs to find rango passed out on my chair..

Awww, so cute. Makes me miss my old iggy. :(

Steven.

2012-09-19%2013.11.35_zpsc8ad1f56.jpg

His first bath with us. And man does he love it. Great eater. Today we gave him a whole plate of fruits and veggies. The man wasted no time..lol. Still hasn't pooped yet though.. i'm starting to get worried..

Logie_Bear

Something to consider during mating season:

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/lizards/894056-facial-iguana-bite-yucky-pics.html

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Technically, for igs, it is referred to as a "love doll". ;)

Your guy looks a bit thin. Perhaps not eating a lot so not pooping much. Needs to be warm all the time, eating a good amount of greens, lots and LOTS of UVB. Sorry to be brief, but I'm just cruising through the forum really quick. Do you have a care sheet?

Steven.

Yeah i do. He is a bit thin. But we'll fatem up like no time. He has the whole yard and house to roam. He eat a lot today.. Like i mean a lot. So that's a good sign. Get also did poop after his soak. A whole lot of white.

Steven.

I noticed something today. Sometimes when you get close to him... He starts to shake his head just as if he was meeting my cat for the first time again.. He still allows everyone to scratch his head.. But i just wanna make sure he's not telling us to back off?..

Steven.

james.w said:
Did you check out the link that Logie posted?

I did james. He doesnt puff up at all thought. He head bobs and then i slowly get close to him and as i walk closer, he closes his eyes?.. A trick?..

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Could mean a couple things, but my first guess would be he is telling that he doesn't want to be bothered and closes his eyes to pretend you aren't there.

Steven.

Yeah i warned my family to.keep an eye on him. When he head bobs its not a good thing.

james.w said:
Could mean a couple things, but my first guess would be he is telling that he doesn't want to be bothered and closes his eyes to pretend you aren't there.

As usually james, thanks for your advise

Deac77

5 Year Member
Yea head bobs are usually a "leave me alone" thing a for the closing of the eyes it really depends on the mood LeeRoy is literally like a cat he will rub up against your leg when he wants attention or dive bomb you from a boom self lol and when you scratch his head and back he will sometimes fall asleep (by the way do not ever wake him from a deep sleep its very risky they go bonkers and bite and tail whip)

Steven.

Re: RE: My New Orange Iguana

Deac77 said:
Yea head bobs are usually a "leave me alone" thing a for the closing of the eyes it really depends on the mood LeeRoy is literally like a cat he will rub up against your leg when he wants attention or dive bomb you from a boom self lol and when you scratch his head and back he will sometimes fall asleep (by the way do not ever wake him from a deep sleep its very risky they go bonkers and bite and tail whip)

Holy crap Rango does the same thing.. He walks up.to us and trys to climb up our legs.. The you bend down and scratch his head and he'll go flat to the floor. Then when you stop he'll do the same thing. I swear if we don't walk away from him he'll do that all day lol... Wow i didn't know that was something they do..

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here's what I've learned through Buzz, not saying its fact, just an assumption. There are 2 head bobs he does, they are different and mean different things. On a rainy day when Buzz isn't feeling up to socializing with me, if I approach him, he will arch up a little and give me a fast paced head bob, usually meaning 'back off'.

At other times, I will approach Buzz, he'll still be laying down and he'd give me a short but dragged out head bob, usually a single bob. He then will get up and approach me. I learned with the fast paced he never approaches me, he keeps his distance, so I'm assuming one means back off and the other means hey or welcome, or something along those lines.

Haven't been attacked yet, so I must be doing something right with the whole situation.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam