• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Tegu always walks away, is it normal?

Jason has a tegu

My Tegu always walks away when shes out, her cage is sort of temporary, so it doesn't have much for her to do, so she offten claws at the door, but when I let her out she tries to under her cage, where, for some reason she just goes to sleep. the only way I've gotten her to stay is if she is in a blanket and hits a dead end, I usually only do this to cut her nails. Also if I'm laying down and she is walking around and I sit up she'll run. For all I know this could all be normal but I was wandering if you're Tegus did the samethings.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How big is the tegu, how long have you had it, how often do you let it out, for how long, AND how big is the enclosure???

Jason has a tegu

She's about two foot long, tail and all, shes two years old, I let her out about every two or three days, for 2-6 hours, the enclosure she's in is 48x48x72 tall

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She's terribly bored in a cage that is too small. Needs 8 ft long, 4 ft wide.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980