• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Nasty Diarrhea Plz Help!

maggies_tegu_92

so the first day my tegu arrived she had soft stool not runny but kinda like a baby soft stool. now she has really smelly gross looking diarrhea...I have been feeding her canned tuna cat food along with watermelon blue berries, scrambled eggs, and turkey. is it just caused from what I am feeding her do I need to try and feed her maybe solid mice? or do you think she mat nee to get a culture doe on her stool from the vet? she still isn't eating a ton but I do catch her sneaking a few bites here and there. other wise she walks around the room or sleeps most the day unless we go outside. sorry for the gross picture but this is what she just had literally 5 mins a
untitled.png
go.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No sweat. It's the food you're feeding her that does it. You must provide a mjority of frozen/thawed mice. Preferably medium or adult, so with calcified bones and still with lots of nutrition.

Tegus sleep alot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980