• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New eggs

Sharpset62

These are the eggs I found this am...they dont look too good. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_1064.JPG
    IMG_1064.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 80

Sharpset62

Another 3 eggs this am when I woke up. 14 decent eggs yesterday and now these 3 this am. Any idea whats going on? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1068.JPG
    IMG_1068.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 49

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Another 3 eggs this am when I woke up. 14 decent eggs yesterday and now these 3 this am. Any idea whats going on? Thanks
I wish I knew. Your red sure looks like a male to me, it he's the aggressive one.

Perhaps the B&W female is bolixed up by not having her own secluded nest site and pribably a first-time breeder.

If possible, I'd separate them.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Maybe provide her with a shallow pan of warm water and let her decide. The concern is more eggs to be laid that may pass or get stuck. The situation is odd enough that might be wirth taking her put and feeling for more eggs. If you detect egg/s then might need a run to the vet if she doesn't pass it soon.

Sharpset62

Ugh...not good. Yesterday morning I went and checked on them and they had turned black and were a bit smelly. I placed them all in the freezer, not sure what is going on with my female. Provided her with a large soak tub but she hasnt used it

HelenaReptile

Possibly infertile eggs? Maybe those two just don't match. It happens and isn't your fault. Bring the eggs to your vet and seperate the tegus. She may be stressed. Please note that I am a brand new tegu owner. Try to keep it quiet and not too bright. check temps and humidity as well.

HelenaReptile

Thank you, really bummed out. Male is out and she is in her burrow.
Don't worry! I've heard of tegus being depressed after losing eggs if they're fertile, so try to comfort her. Don't take her out of her burrow though. it should be her private place. Trust me. Us girls need our private time when something like this happens. (humor helps everything! ^-^)

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ugh...not good. Yesterday morning I went and checked on them and they had turned black and were a bit smelly. I placed them all in the freezer, not sure what is going on with my female. Provided her with a large soak tub but she hasnt used it
Well, shoot.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, shoot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced