• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new T5 UVB bulbs?

Roadkill

5 Year Member
What "new" T5 UVB bulbs?

If you're referring to the Zilla brand, I'm certainly not a fan. Amazingly high UVB output at first, very quick fade out, and from the few I've had, complete burn out in a few months.

Orion

5 Year Member
I use Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO. I use 2 34 inch bulbs in series that run almost the full length of of both of my 8 foot cages. I have been using these for over 3 years and my Tegus are in great health. I replace them every 6 months.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Arcadia also has a T5 model with similar reviews from B Mac at Reptile UV. He says that the UVB output is so high that he recommends only using them for plants. I guess they have seen some PKC with having the bulb too close.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny