• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Tegu Mom and Dad

Venom_Life

Hello everyone.Me and my fiance just adopted our first tegu 2 days ago. She is a beautiful black and white argentine. She has a docked tail that occured when trapping her. At least this is what we were told.She is wonderful though. Her old parents were wonderful as well.She has a custom built tank and we are feeding as instructed. I am hoping to get more information on diet options as far as specific fruits and vegetables she may eat. Specifics on organic meats that are recommensed and supplements/vitmamin specifics. I also heard of a ground turkey meat ball mix recipe they should have as part of their diet and was hoping I could get that as well.

Attachments

• 20170321_175047.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 9

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hello everyone.Me and my fiance just adopted our first tegu 2 days ago. She is a beautiful black and white argentine. She has a docked tail that occured when trapping her. At least this is what we were told.She is wonderful though. Her old parents were wonderful as well.She has a custom built tank and we are feeding as instructed. I am hoping to get more information on diet options as far as specific fruits and vegetables she may eat. Specifics on organic meats that are recommensed and supplements/vitmamin specifics. I also heard of a ground turkey meat ball mix recipe they should have as part of their diet and was hoping I could get that as well.
Welcome. That's a happy-looking tegu.

Venom_Life

We are new parents to her. But she loves blankets is what we have found as she likes to burrow. So we give her blankets to hide her head in and she burrows in them and will stay there forever if you let her. If she has a blanket and a lap she is your best friend.

HelenaReptile

I feed my little guy one adult anole and four super worms, all dusted in calcium supplement. Also, he eats a grape or apple slice every few days. Is this okay? He's only about five and a half inches long.

Venom_Life

I heard apple is good with in moderation. grapes are good.I feed super worms as well. I personally won't do anoles because fear of parasites especially being a vet assistant I just see too much and never want my little one to go through that. Try ground turkey and ground chicken with a little calcium mixed in.I do vegetarian diet fed chicken with no antbiotics. I also heard cod liver oil is needed as a supplement so I am starting to mix that as well. I offer fruit daily cantaloupe, grapes, blueberries, and bananas with in moderation. My girl seems to be happy. I also give egg yolk with no egg white occasionaly. I heard pheasant eggs are good too so that is another option. Next week we will try shrimp and salmon. I have heard these are good as well. There are alot of options to feed. Just make sure you do alot of research.

Venom_Life

We are also planning on upgrading her cage in the next few months so we agreeing on blue prints to build. During this time we are training to free roam slowly. She has become extremly fond of my fiance and enjoys taking naps under his pillow while he naps.

Attachments

• 20170327_131310.jpg
    20170327_131310.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 5
  • 20170327_153610.jpg
    20170327_153610.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 20170324_140708.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts