• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New to Tegu and looking for a good cage

Ive been wanting a Red Tegu for quite a while now and have decided to try and get it after this upcoming summer(If everything goes right). The only problem im having is The cage for this beast. I do not have the supplies to go off and build a cage neither have the experience. I want a 8x4x4 cage so once my tegu is in it's cage it will most likley stay there i want that cage cause i dont want to stress the tegu as a baby buying a new cage for it since they grow fast. Does anybody have some good stores that sell cages big enough or could build a cage my price range is 100-250 US dollar's.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Most big chains that sell cages in that size range charge way more than 250 for them and thats not including shipping. Your best bet would be to watch the classifieds in your area for someone selling their cage or even placing an ad to find someone who can build it for you.

Odonata

I am not sure where you are in Colorado, but it is really not hard to create a basic enclosure. Still, unless you are making it yourself you might be hard pressed to pull it off for that amount of money unless you already have some of the other necessary items for lighting, heating, etc. For my new enclosure I will spend nearly $100 just on the substrate alone. I am well into the hundreds and am no where near done. My design is however somewhat elaborate. If you plan to simply make the cheapest 8x4 box you can I guess it is doable, though again unlikely if you are paying someones labor. I live in Boulder and if you are nearby and need any help give me a yell, I don't have a ton of time, but could assist and also recommend where you might source materials and such if it helps.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yep lived in the springs for six years, not much there pet shop wise but there are still quite a few people in the reptile community. Building supplies you can get from any hardware store like home depot, then advertise for someone with the space and equipment to put it together for you. Or like I said watch the classifieds or place an ad looking for available cages especially surounding areas like Denver or even down south in Pueblo.

By Advertising you mean like Craig List or something among there i think i can build a cage but dont know how i would go on making sliding door's and i have a really basic idea. I have been looking for idea's but not finding anything basic maybe i searching the wrong there. Do you guy's have any idea's?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced